Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eeeek! Just discovered why my computer's been so quiet the last few days.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeek! Just discovered why my computer's been so quiet the last few days.....

One of the fins on my slightly-modified-to-fit-on-a-KT7 Silver Orb has snapped off, and the fan became stuck.

So now The machine runs for about 40 mins before locking hard.

Managed to get the fan spinning again but the interference in the airflow from the missing blade means that it sounds like an electric shaver.

Can anyone recommend a heatsink that'll fit on a KT7 without any modifications? Is the thermoengine gonna be my best bet?

Thank god I had the case off and had a look when it crashed, otherwise who kows what could have happebed to my poor little TBird......

Ta for any ideas...

Uberlad, slightly less panicky now.

------------------
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Slightly off-topic - what's a good fan that will fit on a Tyan Trinity 400 board... the kind of board with both a slot and a socket? The stock HS/Fan that came with my friend's P3-1000 just doesn't fit (causes problems 'cuz it pushes on components), and the machine won't boot without a fan.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I would recomend a Volcano II! It cools beter then the coolermaster droped my CPU temps by 3C!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

We use Coolermaster HS at work and I hawe found out that while the HS are able to keep the cpu's they are rated for from overheating they still run very hot!

And Coolermaster should do something about their clips!

They should use all the "tap"s on the socket and be esier to install and deinstall.
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I have an Alpha 6035. Love it.

Get ALPBM in here.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have this on my system http://www.coolermaster.com/products.../dp5-5h51.html
            But you might want to look at this http://www.coolermaster.com/products.../dp5-6h51.html
            and this http://www.coolermaster.com/products...p/ep5-6i51.jpg

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Ditto on the PAL, Wombat. Can go from cool to really cool just by changing fans. I sacrifice a few degrees C with the Y Tech for quiet myself. Them Deltas tense me up....

Edit:
              Technoid, talk about clips. I got a retail Athlon and it came with the Volcano II. Stuck it on to try it and didn't have it quite on the tab all the way and it shaved part of my nub off on the CPU socket. Had to file the burr off the clip so it wouldn't cup the lug completely off. Was it ever sharp.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 29 April 2001).]
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
              X