Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Mac monitor be connected somehow to an (IBM) PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Mac monitor be connected somehow to an (IBM) PC?

Forgive me, this is probably pretty basic, but...

Is there some kind of an adapter that would allow a Mac monitor to be connected to the video display card of a non-Mac computer? I've heard conflicting stories about this. Obviously the pin configuration is different, but is there some other reason that would make this an impossibility?

I think with the newer Apple displays it's impossible.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it's a several year old (5?) Mac monitor that I'd like to connect. I don't have it in front of me at the moment (to see the model number), but it's definitely NOT one those beautiful new flat panel Mac monitors!

Comment

Thanks Ant. The monitor I want to use is an Apple Multiple Scan 14" Display (Chassis# CM0200 ES) if that makes any difference. I'll see if I can try and track down an adaptor somewhere for it now.

Comment

I've got a couple of ex-Mac 15" monitors that run fine, you'll either have to completely replace the cable or get a Mac to PC adaptor.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I went through something similar more than a year ago. Here is the link. Probably won't help but........

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001203.html

edit: BTW I never did find something that would work. My wife took the whole Mac to work so her Grade one kids could use it.

[This message has been edited by Laurie (edited 27 April 2001).]
            Laurie
            ======

Comment

Working...
            X