Counterstrike and Proxy servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterstrike and Proxy servers

I have a solution!!!! Because I had the same problem...

http://forums.counter-strike.net/sho...hreadid=129093

Basically, you need to open ports 27005-27016 on the proxy server. Then on each computer behind the proxy, you need to add +clientport 270xx (where xx is a number between 27005 and 27016). Each clientport must be different for each computer.

The thread also meantions a settings changer for HL, but I have never used it. You shouldn't haft to, though.

That should take care of it.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650
    256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
    87 GB storage from WD & IBM
    Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
    SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
    Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Thanks Jammrock
    Solved the problem by using a trial edition of Winproxy 3. If it does what I want it to do then I will buy the full version off the net.

regards Michael
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Counterstrike and Proxy servers

I'm in the process of connecting the 3 pc's in our household to the internet to play Counterstrike. Unfortunately I have not been able to get any of the shareware proxy servers to work. I believe Winproxy claims to allow games to do this. Has anyone had experience of this product.

regards Michael
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Coolness.

You may still need to add the +clientport 270xx to the shortcut (I forgot to mention where to put it last time). Right-click on the Counter Strike shortcut, select Properties from the menu. Go to the Shortcut tab and add +clientport 270xx to the end. This will alleviate most problems with running CS behind a firewall/proxy.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X