Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy a Voodoo 4500

Hi guys,

would you recommend to buy a Voodoo 4500 as a secondary display adapter, PCI Version (Unfortunatley I am not able to find a Voodoo 5500 PCI). What about drivers - do you think there will be Voodoo drivers for XP ?

Would an Radeon (PCI) be a better choice?

Thank you,

Christian

Depending on what you plan to use the secondary display for, I would say a G200 PCI would be a better option. You should be able to find a cheap, used one on Ebay or the likes.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I wouldn´t recommend any Voodoo cards these days. Especially not the 4500.

Comment

roussec,
        Where are you living? I can find a Voodoo 5500 PCI (OEM) here in Canada at 175 CAD (about 112 USD). It's right in my town.
        Trung.
        MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
        AMD Athlon 64 3200
        1024 MB PC3200 RAM
        WD 160 GB HDD
        2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
        ATI 9500 64 Videocard
        Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
        Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
        Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Lucky you,

I do live in Germany and the only card that seems to be left here is a Voodoo 4500 PCI - 190 DM (about 85 USD).

The reason why I think about buying one is because of FSAA and that a Voodoo card will not be around much longer. I am currently running a GeForce2 MX and a Mystique(PCI). I am having problems because DX seems to only use the features provided by both cards (the debug output tells me that many features are not supported). That is the reason why I am thinking of buying an up to date card as secondary card.

Christian

Comment

The Voodoo4500 is not a fast card compared to todays standard, not even compared to a Geforce MX or a Radeon 32 SDR.
            Perhaps a Radeon SDR PCI (do they make a PCI version?) would be a more interesting choice.
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Working...
            X