weird crashing prob under w2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird crashing prob under w2k

Since yesterday i've had problem with my win2k machine, it reboot by itself. Just before it reboot I see a blue screen with "Memory managament (0x...)" written on it.

There was something in the event log, but i haven't read it yet... if it could help you to help me, i can post it also.

1rst - What is this Memory management, is it a service which is causing this?

2nd - How can I correct this?

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Wish I only knew why one of my Windows 2000 machines are rebooting spontenaously sometimes. I guess it's either the G400 or the SB Live! drivers' dislike towards SMP or that terrible IE55 in my case.

Anyway, you can configure what to do in the case of a System Failure in Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery. You can change event logging and automatic rebooting there.

You might try searching the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If there is a meaningful error message in your Event Log about your crash then it certainly helps a lot. (As opposed to just noting that "the previous system shutdown was unexpected.")

Comment

Well... i think i broke some dlls 3-4 day's ago when my pc hang while booting. That might be the source of my problems, but the is a event that had been logged that i can't really tell if it is bad or not. It comes for the "Winmgmt" and say's : "WMI ADAP was unable to load the winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem within the library: 0x0 ". What do u think about this one?

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Have the same problem on my server! No broken dll's on my comp!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Ok, at least it's good to know that i'm not the only one to have this error. Since the first instance of this error is on april 16 i'll seek in my other logs to know what happened that day.... with luck i may be able to know what caused this error.

Oh, and guru, i said broken dlls but i'm not sure i do have broken. I said that because i booted my comp with a lower voltage on the ram and it hanged while booting. When i came back to the original configuration my profile, my configuration, and all the other little things that are linked to a profile had been lost so i thought i may had broken some dlls at the same time.

Spazm

[This message has been edited by spazm_1999 (edited 25 April 2001).]

Comment

I doubt that winspool message has to do with your reboots as I too have got that one on machines running just fine.

Sounds like it is only some performance measurement library for printing.

The 0x0 error code could even mean that everything went fine and it's just a case of sloppy error checking, much like funny messages announcing something like that "The following error occured: Operation completed successfully."

Comment

hehe, yeah i've seen such crappy errror messages in some softwares.

Anyway for some reason I didn't had any other "memory management" blue screen since yesterday. But now it's a Kmixer.dll error that make's my pc restart... i guess that's my sblive driver, i'll try to reinstall it and see what happend.

Spazm

Comment

I was having the same type of problems and found this quite usefull. Microsoft knowledgebase article Q266416.

http://support.microsoft.com/support...CH&SPR=WIN2000

Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

Thanks, i'll try that and hope those events will desapear.

Spazm

Comment

Working...
                  X