Request for Game Patch Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Game Patch Help!

What a great name for a company...shame the're extinct now...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
      Trilobyte has kind of... err... gone out of business a couple years back
      </font>
      That's true, but they still have their website up.

You might find what you are looking for on their download page at

http://www.tbyte.com/downloads/

Or maybe not. Just noticed they only have downloads for 7th Guest and 11th Hour. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by fds (edited 24 April 2001).]

Comment

I still have a copy of 7th Guest lying around here, but I never played the game. Maybe I should load it up and give it a try or I could just surf here.

BTW, what does this thread have to do with GHW/SW?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well, it's not specifically 'Matrox' gaming...so GSW seems ok

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The 7th Guest and Rebel Assault (from LucasArts) were my very first CD-ROM games.

The good old 486DX2/66 with an SCSI 2X Compaq-branded Sony CD-ROM. The only part of that machine I still use to this day is the keyboard.

Oh, memories.

Comment

Gurm, hon-- are you absolutely certain that this patch exists??? I have looked everywhere-- through all the pages of a 6-page Google search and at all the patch sites I know, and at ftp.cdrom.com and found nothing but the walkthrough. The only other place I know that might have it is Adventuregamer.com, but they're in a fight with their host and their patches are not available at this time .

If the Patches Scrolls doesn't have it (and if you look at the linked page, you'll see that their patches can date back to 1994), I doubt you've got much choice but to head over to the Tbyte site linked above and buy another copy of the game, which would presumably include the update. It's 20 bucks down the tube, but for "a little bit extra" (sorry, too much Soulbringer) at least you can also get "Uncle Henry's Playhouse" as well

Sorry not to have had better news for you.

---------------------
              Holly

Comment

It can't hurt to ask.

info@tbyte.com
                Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

Request for Game Patch Help!

Here's a longshot - anyone in here ever play the game "Clandestiny" by Trilobyte?

Ok, for the 2 of you that answered yes... here's another longshot...

Did you keep the patch? You know, the one that updates the engine so it will work right with newer versions of DirectX?

Trilobyte has kind of... err... gone out of business a couple years back, and... I wanted to play the game.

- Gurm

------------------
                  Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah I'm sure. The next step is to go through my backups from 1996 (on DAT, ick!) and see if I have it on a hard drive image from back then!

- Gurm

------------------
                    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X