Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OH NO! I got me an MSI K7T266 Lemon Pro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH NO! I got me an MSI K7T266 Lemon Pro!

The resistor is where it shouldn't be: on R127 and not on R126. Do you think I should I review it as is, as MSI claims a recall isn't necessary, and then keep it as a collector's item? Then I could send it to one of you guys in a juridiction with more liberal gun laws, and you can make the necessary adjustment to the board with a large firearm -- taking before and after pictures for publication.

Or should I try to send it back?

Paul
    paulcs@speakeasy.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 22 April 2001).]

Thought I read a review where they moved that resistor you speak of, can't recall where.

I could do it for you, have my trusty Map gas torch and been practicing on water pipes and such. Same thing, only smaller. Send it my way, I'll move it for you.
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

Personally I´m waiting for this one to see how it performs...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/editorial/ce...sus-a7v266.jpg

Edit: at least it seems to have dip-switches... finally cpu multiplier settings? (shame on the A7M and A7A)

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 22 April 2001).]

Comment

It appears MSI has changed the resistor on boards they are sending out for review. Anand (and I think Tom) got their boards from retailers -- which is where you or I would get one. They emailed Anand and told him he reviewed "the wrong board."

Indeed.

Paul
        paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Can anyone explain in detail wat this is about?

Is there a speed difference or a stability question?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Things look good for the A7V266

I might sell my A7V, keep my 256 Mb SDRAM, and later upgrade to DDR when prices are lower. The board performs very well with SDRAM, also. It should take palomino´s too, as AMD stated they will run on socketA 266 Mhz fsb boards.

(And it has multiplier control in bios. Finally )

http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/...6/a7v266p1.htm

Comment

Working...
            X