Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 6 and MP3 download question..

Hi everyone,
    I don't know if someone else is having the problem with me. Whenever I click a link to download a MP3 song, IE 6 automatically downloads it and opens Winamp to play it.. So I don't have a chance to choose where I want to save the song. I have to look in to the folder "Temporary Internet Files" to find it. It's really annoying.
    can someone here help me please.
    Thanks.
    Trung.
    MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    1024 MB PC3200 RAM
    WD 160 GB HDD
    2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
    ATI 9500 64 Videocard
    Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
    Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Haven't used IE6, but I would assume the procedure is the same. Just right-click the file and hit "Save Target As..."

Comment

It doesn't help that way. It will result in "download.html". The site doesn't give me a direct link to the file. Instead it has to go through the file download.html, I guess, and then the actual file to download.
      I copied the link and opened it in another window of IE but didn't help.
      This problem does not happen with Netscape, though. But Netscape is really sluggish.
      Anyway, thanks for your response. Someone else has any idea?
      Trung.
      MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
      AMD Athlon 64 3200
      1024 MB PC3200 RAM
      WD 160 GB HDD
      2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
      ATI 9500 64 Videocard
      Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
      Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
      Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

If you have Windows 2000 (I don't remember for Win9x) go to Control Panel -> Folder Optios -> File Types (tab). Find MP3 in the list and when selected click Advanced button. Make sure that Confirm open after download is checked.

Hope that helps.

------------------
        Live long and prosper!
        Live long and prosper!

Comment

If you get version 6.00.2463.0052 most of your problems will be gone.
          I had some problems with the first public version of I.E 6 and streaming media in Winamp but when I installed the new full version (aprox. 50 mb) most of the problems encountered with the first version disappered.Otherwise you could always try installing Opera 5.11 to see if that helps.
          Opera 5.11 can easily be removed again and it's only a 10 mb download including Sun's Java
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Working...
          X