Questions about monitor setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about monitor setting

What is the setting for Clamp in OSD of LG StudioWorks 995E. It can be set to SEP and SOG (I guess this means Separated and Sync On Green?) Which settting gives you more quality (theory/practice). Does it depend on which grahic card you use?

Thanks for answers.

------------------
    Live long and prosper!
    Live long and prosper!

Through the history of monitors there have been three popular ways to transit video from the source to the monitor. They are RGB/HV separate sync, composite and sync-on-green.

RGB/HV separate sync
    Is currently the most widely used. In this method the red, green, and blue video signals along with the horizontal and vertical sync signals travel on individual wires.

Composite sync.
    The H and V syncs are logically combined (usually either OR or XOR) and sent on a single wire. This is an old method and was used by Macintosh computers and workstations. Basically, it saves a wire.

Sync-on-green.
    The composite sync signal from above is combined with the green video signal (it actually goes on the bottom, from 0 to .3 V or so). The Red and Blue video signals usually do not have sync added to them but this is not always the case.

The main reason your monitor still supports these old standards is for backward compatibility.

In theory, RGB/HV is the best method as there is no interaction between the digital sync signals and analog video signals but in practice, the difference is usually undetectable.

I hope this helps.

Jim Witkowski
    Chief Hardware Engineer
    Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com
    Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com

Comment

Thanks, that answered all the questions.
      So I'll just set it to SEP.

------------------
      Live long and prosper!
      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Working...
      X