A7M266 Chassis Intrusion Detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7M266 Chassis Intrusion Detection

Anyone have a clue how to clear this once it's triggered. I decided to put my system together today so I can try it out at default settings for the next couple of days, at least until my friend here can help me add the dipswitch for the clock multiplier onto the board (maybe Friday).

Anyhow, to the problem:
    The A7M has a chassis intrusion detection connector, and my case has a lead for it. So when I was installing the mobo, I connected it.

Bad thing!

After I closed everything up and booted, I went straight to the bios, intending to set it up. First thing, I get a message that the chassis was intruded, please check. It has an okay button, but won't respond to any key that I can find, lol. So I can't do ANYTHING in the bios yet. The manual doesn't discuss anywhere how to clear the darn warning, and I'm ready to pull my hair out!

Thanks in advance!

------------------
    Ace. I'm like the Invisible Man- I'm here, you just don't see me that often.
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

You have the switch in backwards. It shouldnt let you boot with the chassis open. If you boot with it closed, then open it you should get the warning, and hitting enter or escape should get you past it.

Well, thats how it works for me on an old LX board.

You might have a momentory on switch, when you need a momentoy off switch, or vise versa.

Ali

Comment

I had the case closed when I first booted. As far as having the cable connected backwards, that's very possible, though it's only a two conductor cable. But from the wording of the message I was getting, it knew that the case had been open before I ever connected power to the system. (I didn't connect the power until the case had been reassembled)

I've disconnected the switch altogether for now, and put the (required according to the manual) jumper on the pins. Then I removed the CMOS battery for about a half hour, which seems to have reset it.

So now I'm working okay, but I'd still like to reconnect the sensor. I just need to know how to clear the message without having to remove the battery every time, and I'll reconnect it.

Thanks. Anyone else know anything about these Asus boards?

------------------

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Have you a link to a Do-it-yourself dipswitch? I'll be getting the same board in a few days. I have an AXIA 1.33ghz and I'm itching to overclock=)

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
        ASUS A7N8X
        Corsair 1GB PC3200
        Parhelia 128MB
        EIZO L685EX

Comment

My mobos connector is just left open if you dont have a chassis switch connected, so it needs a normally open swith to work. It also is a 4 pin header, the other 2 pins are for the intrusion LED.

If you have to have a jumper shorting the switch header closed, then yours is obviously a normaly closed control.

If you have a multi meter, work out what type of switch you have on your case.

I would be very suprised if enter or esc arnt the keys to bypass the alarm though.

Are you using a USB keyboard or something?

Ali

Comment

You may be right about the case switch. I'll have to look into that.

As far as the keyboard goes, I'm using a Logitech cordless iTouch keyboard, and it seems to work fine (it worked fine then too, after I reset the bios to clear the error). I still haven't figured out why it ignored the keys when I was pressing them, since it recognized the input (Delete key) to get me into the bios in the first place.

Thanks for the input, and if anyone figures this one out, please let me know. Still not using the chassis intrusion detection (and probably won't ever, unless this issue is resolved).

------------------

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Working...
            X