• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anandtech article...

Here:
    http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1458

Interesting excerpts:
    And as you have undoubtedly heard, the R200 or successor to the Radeon, will not be released until the fourth quarter of this year.

And:
    The G800 everyone has been waiting for is officially not going to be released...

Matrox is continuing their stance that they will re-enter the gaming market at one point, but don’t expect that to be with their next card. I know that there are rumors flying around about chip names found in Matrox drivers, but don’t set yourself up for a disappointment. Matrox won’t be focusing on the gaming market anytime in the near future.

Matrox have never focused on the gaming market, so I can quite believe that they don't plan on doing it anytime soon!

However, I think they're right in saying that the next card might be a disappointment to some, if not many However, we can but hope...

(hope that the next card will offer the relative performance of the G400 in the current generation of video card that is )

P.

(PS: Don't even mention the M3D to me )
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Duplicate (well, kind of ) thread is here:
      http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010586.html

Would the real Greebster please stand up (and lock this thread )

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

While we have all talked about the G800 for a long time I don't really recall anyone ever stating it was going to specifically be a gaming card and the next best thing since sliced bread. All the talk around here at least has always been that the feeling was the G800 would be another G400 in relation to its current day competition. I think we are also well aware that what everyone was expecting as the G800 will in fact turn out to be the G550 so it ain't really cancelled is it, just renamed. It was always a daft idea to jump from the G4x0 to the G800 in any case.

Comment

Working...
        X