aaaaarrggghhh my PC's dying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaaarrggghhh my PC's dying!

What did I do to deserve this? My windows 2000 has now decided to not boot. I get one of a random selection of BSODs It seems to have all started with getting random crashes since installing IE6 beta a while back.

But also my WinMe is now flaking out too - I've had to disable my SCSI card just to get it to boot without hanging...

Time for a strip down and re-install methinks. *sigh* I only did this a month or so back.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Arrghhh! I've wiped my HDD clean and can't get win2k to install - I get random 'unable to copy file' errors. I've tried 2 CD ROM drives and 2 discs still random errors. Windows XP hangs during the first stage of installation too

Now it's really time for a strip down to mainboard, cpu, ram, hdd and gfx card.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

Comment

Good luck Steve
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Aha! ahahhahahaha!! aha! It was my RAM! I didn't even think of suspecting the RAM as being faulty as it's only a few months old. Anyway, I've since done a reformat (countless times! ) and so am now back to square one....

Back up and running at least though!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

Working...
        X