Copying win2k on another pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying win2k on another pc

Is there a way to copy win2k from one pc (amd k6-2) to another (athlon750) without losing all the files? do i have to uninstall the motherboard drivers first, or can i just switch the hd from one pc to the next?
    and is there a way to copy it from one hd to another?

Why not install Win2k on the Athlon, then copy the files? Win2k checks the hardware it encounters while installing itself, and installs the right drivers for that hardware then. Just copying Win2k from a K6-2 to an Athlon will give you more trouble than you want to live with, due to different drivers, IRQs and all that.

Ofcourse, if you're a little sleepless for the next week, you could try it, but installing Win2k is much easier and faster, believe you me.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Topha..

Tried something very similar, and after several days of serious fighting, gave up and reinstalled W2k. Save yourself the headache and reinstall...

Comment

okay, thanks for the warning. friday 13th is probably not the right day for things like that anyway

Comment

When I got my Duron back in October I simply moved the hard drive to the new machine and everything worked. Of course the fact that both mobos were VIA based helped a lot. I recommend what they said previously. Of course you will most likely have installed already by the time this is posted.
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Changed motherboard from Intel BX to I815 to VIA KT133 to VIA KT133A under W2K without reinstalling and with no problems.
            W98 had to be reinstalled almost every time
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X