Monitor problem (Hitachi SSE CM-751)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor problem (Hitachi SSE CM-751)

Every once in a while the image on my monitor will 'bulge'. It is very strange and has been happening for about 8-9 months or so. It has only happened maybe 10 times that I can remember. But what happens is that the image on the monitor will suddenly dim a little bit and seem to bulge toward me, much like using the Punch filter in a graphics program (like PSP). It happens only briefly, from start to finish where it is back to normal I would say it takes about 2 seconds or so.

Has anybody ever seen a problem like this before? Other than that the monitor seems to have no other problems and works great and hasn't shown me any other signs of failing (assuming this is a sign of failing).

Thanks for any help.

19" Hitachi CM-751E Super Scan Elite. About 2-2.5 years old....

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Anybody???

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Just taking a wild guess, but ... could be the transformer failing on the monitor. Do you have the monitor connected to a surge protector?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Our old KDS Avitron 195T did that, and also made a very startling pop whenever it happened. It eventually got bad enough that we had it exchanged under warranty by KDS. We got a 195TF back (a free upgrade!), and it too has done the pop-warp thing occasionaly. We've always used surge protector, but the room is quite dusty and I suspect that may be the cause.

Comment

Yes, it is connected to a surge protector, the same one that the machine is connected to.

The room is quite dusty, though....hmmmmm....

Is there anything wrong with using a rather powerful compressed air gun to blow the dust out (when the monitor is thoroughly cool, though)???

I hope I don't have to replace it any time soon....

Thanks for the replies.

b

Comment

Working...
          X