Defecting (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defecting (sort of)

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a Radeon 32 SDR, which I can get dirt cheap (danish prices). I've had my Evil Kyro for about a month and the 2D quality is really starting to bug me.

With my old monitor (Fujitsu 17") the difference wasn't that big, but with the 19" Samsung 900SL I have now it pains me that my secondary system (with my G400) is crisp at 1600x1200, while the Kyro looks bad at anything above 1024x768, and even there it looks like shite compared to the G400
    If I hadn't become addicted to the higher framerates the Kyro provides me, I'd probably just stick with the G400, but alas, speed is very addictive indeed.

The Radeon SDR will set me back dkr 800,- (app $100) which is comparable to the lowest Geforce MX prices, cheaper than Kyro 1 prices (should have gotten the Radeon to start with, but the Kyro sounded too interesting) and, funny enough, G400 prices

I'm really going to kick myself if the Radeon proves inadequete in 2D as well, but from what I hear it is second only to Matrox at the moment.

I mainly run Win98SE so the poor Win2K drivers won't become an issue, not for a while at least, and perhaps ATI will manage to deliver good drivers in time

I'll try to post benchmarks (mainly UT) in the Benchmarking section once everything is up and running.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Don't get your hopes up ... sorry ... have a friend who recently got the exact same card and it's not looking good in my opinion ... benchmarkwise that is.
    On the other hand it's 'only' 100$.....

[This message has been edited by Kosh Naranek (edited 16 April 2001).]
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

It just has to last until TCFKAG800 get's here
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Working...
      X