My (now) silent system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (now) silent system

My system was driving me nuts with the noise.

Aopen HQ08 with
    Duron 650@900 with FOP-32 on Soltek SL-75KAV
    Evil Kyro
    Maxtor Diamondmax 40+

I finally managed to solve it today, at least I hope so, testing stability and maximum heat now

What I did was to remove the PSU fan and mount a Sunon 80mm on the bottom on the PSU blowing air from the case into the PSU.
    This fan is connected to the FOP sink (now without a fan) by a very clever (IMHO) tube contraption mostly made of duct tape and thick cardboard.
    Finally I have 2 80mm Sunons running at 7V blowing air into the case from the front.

Currently the CPU is 43C, halfway through a Genome subloop, waiting to see how high it'll rise.

It's great to be able to hear my harddisk again
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Pictures, please!

Comment

I'll try to borrow a digital camera.

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I'd like to see pictures as well. I love looking at pictures of stuff I'm just too chicken to do.

I would have taken the easy way out and purchased a FortronSource power supply.

Paul
        paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Pics are up here http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003701.html

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by CHHAS:
            Pics are up here http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003701.html</font>
            Damn, CHAAS:

My eyesight is getting fuzzy, can't you adjust focus on that damn camera? BTW, nice setup on that thing you built.

I am trying water-cooling this week. Anyone has suggestion for a good water-cooling unit? My AXA 1.33ghz TBird should be here this week. 1.5GH here I come, baby!

[This message has been edited by Sir Hitech (edited 16 April 2001).]

Comment

Heh, the camera I borrowed had 2 settings, blurry or very blurry, I chose the first

Comment

Working...
              X