Exploer opens My Docs first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploer opens My Docs first?

Look, it`s a really stupid thing, but it`s bothering me. I reformatted my HD, and did a fresh install of WinME ( interesting, prior to the format, my Registry was 12Mb, and now, with almost all the Progs installed i had earlier, it`s 7.5Mb, so it had 4.5Mb of CRAP in it ). OK, so before, when i started Windows Explorer, it went directly to C:, but now, it goes to My Documents. It`s not much, but how can i set it up to open C: or My Computer instead of My Documents? It`s just a few mouse-clicks away, but it`s annoying doing it everytime i close it and then start it again.

If anyone replies, thanx.

------------------
    Seth, are you ok ?
    I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Find Windows Explorer in the Start->Programs->Accessories. Rightclick the Windows Explorer there and choose properties.

In Target type C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /e and press Apply, then OK.

Now if you choose the Win Explorer, it will open on C:

Jord.

P.S: Another way to open up Explorer is to rightclick the Start button and choosing Explore. You'll start in the Startmenu then

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 14 April 2001).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

WinKey + E will open explorer at "My Computer".
      GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Thank you OmegaRed for posting on this topic. This has bugged the hell out of me since I installed ME in Nov'00. I hated this supposed feature. And thank you Jordan for telling us how to fix this! Works like a charm. Copy and paste, wuhoooo!

------------------
        AsusP3B-F,P3 880 Slot1, 512megsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 6.21 ,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
        Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem,Linksys EtherFast LNE100TX nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico

[This message has been edited by Bohrn (edited 15 April 2001).]
        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X