Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is one user per monitor possible?

Hi
    I have one PC with two monitors, one keyboard and two mice (ps/2 and USB). I can use Both mice at the same time but they obviously control the same pointer.
    It would be great if I could add a USB keyboard and assign each keyboard/mouse to a different app, one on each monitor. This would reduce the squabbling when the wife wants to type and I want to browse etc.

Any ideas? Should I patent this

------------------
    K7Pro(110), Athlon 930(750)@8.5,108fsb, G400 32 DH@max, 1.6BIOS and 6.21, DX8, SB Live Player 1024, 256Mb PC133 CAS-2, Pioneer 103S DVD, 20Gig IBM 7200 ATA66, LS120, MS forcefeedback pro, CL WebCam III etc etc
    FT.

Was it a dumb question or have I stumped you guys?
    FT.

Comment

I guess you're looking for something like this:

http://www.applica.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Applica 98 enables Windows 98 to support a second high performance, low-cost station, using just off-the-shelf monitor, mouse, keyboard and optional speakers. It is the only thin client solution capable of delivering real-time multimedia applications and content from the Internet and PC to two people using just a single PC.

Applica 98 delivers a customizable Windows 98 desktop to each user, enabling both to share a single Internet connection, printers, files and many applications. Applica 98 is available now; call 800-487-2243 for more information or to order. </font>
      Also a version for Win2K. I happened to read about this in a magazine a couple years back, an article about the Applica U2.

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 12 April 2001).]

Comment

LS - thats an expensive solution. Surely all I need is a £5 keyboard and drivers that will allow two independant pointers and keyboard inputs.
        Maybe Matrox could add this to their drivers for DH as a USP (for a small consideration)?

Tony.
        FT.

Comment

Where would you plug the 2nd keyboard into?

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Steve
            USB

Tony.
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X