Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to boot up computer automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to boot up computer automatically?

Is there a way to boot up computer automatically?

Kind of like an alarm clock to start up at a certain time? Does a program like that exist?

thanks

Yes, most newer computers can do that. It's in the BIOS.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hello Bongo
      Depending on your motheboards bios you should be able to wake up your pc in a variety of ways ie Timer, Lan, Modem etc.

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

ok thanks; so I will look in the BIOS thingyI imagined it was not a windows function...I have this fantasy that the computer will wake me up playing music instead of the alarm clock...now if I can just wake up.regards

ps..I have a ABIT BE5 mb.

Comment

Why not leave the computer running through the night crunching SETI units for the MURC team and then when the time comes, wake you UP ?
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

because the computer is 4 feet away from my head while I am sleeping. kind of noisy.

Comment

Need some earmufflers, bongo?
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

...then he'll NEVER wake up!

Comment

Sorry to point out the obvious, but wouldn't a simple timeswitch cure your problem? (isn't there an option for the computer to boot up immediately when it gets power?)

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

az, Most pc's since 1990 have such a timeswitch in their BIOS. You can set your PC to boot up through BIOS, just by telling it what time it needs to boot up every day.
                    Then if you have only one OS, or your major OS in a dual boot, set as boot OS, your PC will start up using that.
                    Putting G@H, S@H, UD and a login to a cable or ADSL in the StartUp Folder of your OS, makes sure it will crunch through the day and send it's results...
                    Easy when you sleep without mufflers with a PC on

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jord, since 1990? don't you mean since ATX (which was out sometime in '96 i believe)?

If it's really since 1990, could you please tell me where to find this option on my Asus p55t2p4?

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

a burglar alarm distributor should be able to help you.
                        You'll need:
                        A 12v power supply
                        A digital clock timer
                        a pair of jumper wires to your power button
                        a small cabinet for the power supply and timer.
                        abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
                        g400 max-
                        256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
                        dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
                        Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

There is an alarm clock type plugin for WinAmp so if you have WinAmp startup with the plugin as default then music will auto play when the computer turns on.
                          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                          X