Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can´t i play games when the celeron is overclocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can´t i play games when the celeron is overclocked?

I have one celeron 700 (with nice cooling with 4 fans)attached to an Asus CUV4X-E (revision 1002). When i pull this baby into 787 and 808Mhz (any voltage 1.75/1.80/1.85/1.90) my games and 3Dmark2001 are always crashing directly to the desktop!!! I´ve already set the Agp 4x/2x/1x and the problem goes on. I´ve even set the vi/o voltage to 3.74 and....no results! I even made a flash to the bios of the board.....but nothing!! Can you help me to the computer stop crashing to the desktop!!!???

My computer:

Asus CUV4x-E (latest bios)
    Celeron 700 (@808 it as 37ºC/861 - 39ºC)
    MAtrox G450 DH 32MB (latest drivers)
    MAxtor 30Gb 7200
    Cd-rom Asus 50x
    64Mb Ram x2 = 128Mb/133
    SbLive!Value (latest drvers)
    Via latest drivers (4.29)
    Windows 98SE
    Directx 8.0a

Thanks!!

Maybe couse your cpu can't go any higher!
    What cooler are you using? Are you using thermal compound or the pad that came whith the cooler?

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

As Guru said, check if your CPU can even go that high. Also check if your CPU isn't already OC'ed. For all you know it might be a Celery500 OC'ed to 700. Besides, do Celeron700's exist?

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yes they do Jorden at the moment models from 667-766MHZ (66MHz fsb) and 800MHz (100MHz fsb) are available!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

As i said my celeronm is a two month older (original not overclock).
          This processor is a good one because before i have this board (asus cuv4x)i had one Fic fa13 that kept my celeron stable at 787Mhz (75x10.5) and sometimes at 872Mhz(83x10.5)! (i must remind you that this board doesn´t have a voltage regulator!!!! Good board humm?

So...that´s why i´m wondering if asus board are that good!!!

Pleasy reply!!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
            (i must remind you that this board doesn´t have a voltage regulator!!!!
            </font>
            I think you'll find that it does!

Put a proper thermal transfer compound between the heatsink and the CPU, and then check the CPU's not getting too hot by using your motherboard's monitor (in the BIOS).

Also, is your RAM any good?

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

When i talked about voltage regulation i was talking about the Fic Board, not in the asus board! That one as a voltage regulation.

I´ve already put thermal paste between the cpu and the heatsink. The readings in celcius i gave you, they all where taking off on the bios and also Windows (the readings are very similar)

Please Reply!!

Comment

Asus boards are that good

Guru, I did know of the 667 and 766 flavours, but inbetween was as far as I know only the 733 flavour. Not a plain 700

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 06 April 2001).]
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Have you tried setting your CAS memory timings to cas3? memory seems to be the first thing you should check

------------------
                  MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
                  256Ram G400DH32mb
                  Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
                  DFI NFIIUltra 400
                  756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                  Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                  Windows XP pro
                  msn messenger id: gchisel
                  Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Yes, i´ve tryed to set the CAS to 3 and...all the same. Then, i went to talk with the memory vendor and then he exchanged my memory for another one!!
                    AND SO IT WAS!! It was the dimms!!!! I think they were wrecked!!! When i arrived home i´ve put the memory in CAS 2...(just for certain) and it was no good but ( Normal) when i put it in CAS 3 (the big hope!) and...bombastic overcloking at 882Mhz with a medium stability!! At 808Mhz everything is fine now!!

Hey guys i must thank all for your replies!!

Bye...for now!

Comment

Working...
                    X