Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem displaying PDF file in IE...

Hi,
    I can't display this FILE correctly in IE eventhough I have the latest Adobe Acrobat reader installed (ver.4.05). It first displays the content of the file but immediately goes blank... Sometimes it displays the content and freezes and does not allow me to scroll up and down ( though, I still can use "Back" or any button in IE's menu bar)
    I can open PDF files on most websites without problem. This problem used to happen with any PDF file. It is partially fixed when I installed new A.A version.
    This is happenning with both IE 5.01 SP1 and IE 6 (beta).
    Can someone try to open it and tell me what to do?
    I'm using Windows 2000 Pro SP1
    Thanks.
    Trung.
    MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    1024 MB PC3200 RAM
    WD 160 GB HDD
    2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
    ATI 9500 64 Videocard
    Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
    Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
    Windows XP Professional SP2

It is opened correctly if I first download it to my HD and then open it. It occurs only when I choose to open directly in IE.
    Trung.
    MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    1024 MB PC3200 RAM
    WD 160 GB HDD
    2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
    ATI 9500 64 Videocard
    Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
    Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

It worked fine for me using the link you posted (opened in IE).

Running: Win2k (no SP), IE 5.01 (no SP), Acrobat 4.0 (Acrobat, not just the reader), and G400 5.20 driver package (if that matters).

Not sure what the problem could be, but good luck.

b
      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

It's a bug in either adobe acrobat itself or IE can't remember which. However the solution is to download it and then open it directly or use another browser.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I long ago gave up using Adobe Reader as a plug in with IE. As with others here, I just download a view.

John

Comment

I haven't really had problems with Acrobat 4.0 and its plugin to IE5.01 (no SP). However I was using an SMP NT4 machine yesterday that was running IE5.5 and Acrobate Reader 4.0. While I could easily open files for viewing, when I tried to print them the Acrobat reader would consume 50% of both processors and just sit there eternally. If it didn't do that, then it would simply Blue Screen me instead.

Downloaded the file, opened in the viewer manually, printed like a champ.

b
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
            X