overdraw in media player....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overdraw in media player....

i don't really know why but there's a sort of counter overdrawn on my video file.... that weird counter isn't in the video itself it's seem's added by the media player, but i can't find why and how to remove it.... anyone here has an idea?

here's a pic of it

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

no one know's? i thought at least 1 person here would know....

it's getting annoying since i've got that text over everything i play...

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

My advice would be to check under the View->Now Playing Tools, and check what's on there. Does it only show in compact window mode?

Jord, doing hop-over with you in G@H
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Jorden:
        [B]My advice would be to check under the View->Now Playing Tools, and check what's on there.
        </font>
        I don't seem to have that option in my media player.... maybe it's only for ver. 7 and up.

[B]Does it only show in compact window mode?
        </font>
        NO.... that the big problem here, it show's in everymode even full screen. The only way I found to remove it is to set the window size smaller than the size it takes to display the overdrawn text.... but at that point the window is barely seenable 'cus it's too small.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Tempest:
        [B]One person at a local board had something similar a while back... Because it wasn't limited to Media Player I recall it had something to do with an alpha/beta/debug version of DirectDraw/DirectX.</font>
        You mean that this could be because i've installed DirectX 8.0 SDK?

Spazm

Comment

Jord, doing hop-over with you in G@H </font>
          Yeah, i've just seen that... your probably passing me when i close my pc at night... that thing does too much noise i can't sleep with it on.

Spazm

Comment

You want some MURC earmufflers as well, spazm?
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

hehe no, thank.... i've got so much difficulties to sleep. Anyway i'll probably install my water cooler and close the case when all my datas will be on cds... i hope that this is gonna reduce the noise a lot.

I've try to change all debug version to release version in the control pannel of directx... but no luck i still have the frame counter.

Spazm

Comment

I've finally been able to get rid of the counter by reinstalling the release version of directx.

Spazm

Comment

One person at a local board had something similar a while back... Because it wasn't limited to Media Player I recall it had something to do with an alpha/beta/debug version of DirectDraw/DirectX.
                  Try installing an official version of DirectX 8, or use some of those DirectX hacking/tweaking tools floating around and try to disable debugging.

Comment

Working...
                  X