• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KYRO II vs Gefart cards

Interesting webpage about the Kyro 2 vs. Gefart MX

http://www.geocities.com/johnrreynol.../the_truth.htm

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Allthough i like the Kyro and welcomes some serious competition to nVidia the fact is, that the Kyro does not have a hardware T/L but it can emulate it in software.
    No hardware T/L doesn't seem to be 2 much of a problem yet...but from my point of view it has the potential to become a serious problem sometime in the future ...
    But the kyro is cheap and it performs well so we will just have to wait and see how it will perform on some of the upcoming titles which no doubt will make use of more and more T/L based GFX's .....
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Wow, that's really a quite tough game NVidia are playing here
      Everyone should really d/l the NVidia "confidential" pdf that's linked on this site - strong stuff. Reminds a bit of the pressure NVidia put on websites with rewies that they were "not amused" with.
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

the determining factor when buying a kyro/gf2 should be game speed.. and if the kyro is faster than a gf2, but it has no t&l - so what?

it's faster

when games arrive that use hardwired t&l, a gf2 mx should be pretty useless too... and in one or two years we'll see many titles that use programmable t&l units so even a gf2 ultra won't be of much use with those games...

erm.. if you wait and see what the kyro can do you'll soon regret that because by the time many games use t&l the next generation is already waiting and it will probably want programmable t&l - just look at q3, mdk2 and alice scores for t&l enabled games and maybe throw in some nvidia tech demos (the kyro II is quite slow in mdk2, it just beats a gf2 mx, but in all other examples it should pull ahead)

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That is a great read. I love articles that slam Nvidia, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy Yes, I despise Nvidia. It looks like the really were squirming in this one. Go KyroII!

Dave

------------------
          What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Helevitia:
            That is a great read. I love articles that slam Nvidia, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy Yes, I despise Nvidia. </font>
            Me to! GayFart sucks!

------------------
            Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Helvetia & Guru - I agree completely. I tried NVidiots once and will never do it again, that`s for sure.

MK

------------------
              Celeron II 860 MHz + Golden Orb
              256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
              G400 16MB @ PD 5.52 + TGL
              20 GB IBM on HPT U-ATA100 RAID
              Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
              <font size="1">
              Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
              ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
              Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
              2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
              256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
              Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
              ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
              Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
              Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
              Plustek Optic Pro U12B
              HP Deskjet 959C
              Plantronics LS1 Headset
              all on W2k Professional SP2
              </font>

Comment

What Chris and Helvetia said...

------------------
                AsusP3B-F,P3 880 Slot1, 512megsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 6.21 ,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
                Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem w/D-Link nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Well, since I never owned an nVidia product I don't know about their chips, but i greatly dislike their politics...

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

cking4@ford.com,

What happened to Aureal was their own fault. They were making good money with selling off their silicon processing and card production to other companies. They then pulled a 3dfx and decided they were going to do it all themselves...and failed. CL mearly picked up the pieces. Look for the CL SB 'Audigy' to sport Aureal technology

As for nV...DOWN WITH THOSE BASTARDS!!! After reading that article I hate nV even more. They make good FPS cards, but that all their cards are good at. The GeFarce 3 has got to be the biggest joke I've seen. Double the price for a 10-30 fps boost and 3D that still doesn't look as good as a G400.

Jammrock

------------------
                    Athlon 650
                    256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
                    87 GB storage from WD & IBM
                    Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
                    SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
                    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
                    Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Read that article too, I was just going to post the URL on here my self, but I've been beaten to it!

Anyway... I have to say I really HATE NVidia because are there silly banter, they sound like a political party having a dig at the other... People in Britain will know what I mean, take Labour and Conservatives as an example..

Anyway I'd just like to say I've had first hand experience with a Radeon 32mb DDR on a V.Fast Athlon 1.1GHz and It was great.. Although 2D quality just wasn't as good as Matrox's, even my G100 was better..

Kryo 2s sound interesting, but I'm unsure.. Think I'll stick with my G100 'cause my G400 broke :-(

Role on G800..

Will

Comment

Jammrock: Any info on the Audigy?! Please

P.
                        Meet Jasmine.
                        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                        X