ASUS CD-ROM Drives and Copy Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS CD-ROM Drives and Copy Protection

I've been running into problems with newer programs that have the "CD-Checks" Copy protection on them. The programs in particular are Hasbrows B-17 and now Lionheads Black and White. Both programs are straight out of the box and not "warez" copies or the like. I can run them with no problem in my HP CD-R/W drive, but that drive is a bit slower then my Asus drive. I looked at ASUS web sites for a firmware update for my 40X but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions besides using a no-cd hack or getting a new drive?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Scott, I believe this occurs when the drive becomes defective (I have one myself which exhibits the same problem, especially with CDR's) and is a known problem. Replace or CD key them is the only solution.

I also have an ASUS CD-S340 34x and it doesn't have this problem (tho much older).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X