Windows Update (Win2k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Update (Win2k)

Has anybody had any issues with with Windows Update site? In case you didn't read my other post, I'm running Win2k (no SP) and IE 5.01 (no SP again). I have tried to download the last couple security updates, however they fail.

Event Log gives these responses:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
    The description for Event ID ( 126 ) in Source ( WindowsUpdateV3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: V3_2|3806|INSTALL|Security Update, May 19, 2000|1,10,101,0|2001-03-26 22:38:16|1|FAIL|0x8007007e|The specified module could not be found.|.
    </font>
    and

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
    The description for Event ID ( 126 ) in Source ( WindowsUpdateV3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: V3_2|4305|INSTALL|Security Update, December 20, 2000|1,10,101,0|2001-03-26 22:38:16|1|FAIL|0x8007007e|The specified module could not be found.|.
    </font>
    My best guess is it's due to my security settings? Could it be because I disabled the Remote Registry Service? (although I thought I disabled that long before I had issues with Windows Update)....

Any help is appreciated. I can furnish more information about security settings if requested.

Thanks,
    b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?
Working...
X