Partition fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partition fun

Is there a partition magic proggie that works under win2k?

I have two FAT32 partitions on a single IDE disk that I want to merge - preferably without loosing the data on the disk.

Any ideas?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Could you use the Partition Magic DOS proggie from a boot disk ?
    Maybe fill the partition you want to keep as much as possible, resize it, move the rest and resize again ?
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Yes, it's called "Partition Magic".

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I didn't think that it worked under 2K though...

How reliable is the command prompt version?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I've used it quite a bit without problem, although not under Win2K.

[This message has been edited by CHHAS (edited 31 March 2001).]
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

You just need Partition Magic (the newer one).

Rags

Comment

er... that would be 6.0?

Comment

No you just need PM 5.x or higher. If you haven't already, just visit this page here and update your 5.x version to get win2k pro capabilities.

Rags

Comment

Partition Magic 5.0 works with win2k through DOS boot disk(which will be created from within win2k).
                  versions higher than 5.0 will give u native win2k support.
                  GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Cheers Rags and arbymo!

That was just what I was looking for.

Comment

Yikes! The update is larger than the app!

Comment

Hmmmm.... I have version 5.01

I couldn't find a path on the site which would give me native Win2K support.

I am probably being thick...but could anyone show me a link? I am not an AOL user honest!

TIA, Paddy

Comment

sorry for the misleading information, but the 5.0 to 5.01 upgrade will give u boot disk support for win2k ... not native support, read it all here : http://www.powerquest.com/updates/pp501updates.html
                          the one that gives u native win2k support is ver 6.0 : http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/
                          where u can download a demo version too.

-------------------
                          and that's where it should have ended.

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 31 March 2001).]
                          GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Argh! You need 6.x for native support? Damn! Oh well, the bootdisk version isn't that bad, but it would be nice to have native support.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Sorry for the infringement Mike, it was not intended!

Comment

Working...
                              X