Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony CD-Writer no running at full speed

Hi Guys,

I've got a Sony 10x4x32 IDE CDRW in my machine and although I can write at 10X and read at 32x, Nero (4 and 5), Easy CD creator (4 and 5) as well as CDRWIN will only let me write CD-RWs at 2x.... Any ideas anyone?

Admittedly I haven't tried the software that came with it...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Hiya,
    The problem is that your CD-RW's are probably only validated for 2x writing.
    With a CD-R the disk has a validated speed.
    However, you can simply ignore this.
    I have some old CD-R's that have 2x/4x on the front, however I write at 8x/12x on them without worry.
    CD-RW's are different.
    Burnt into the very first track is a small marker telling the CD-RW drive and software how fast you can write to that disk.
    You can't manually set things over that speed.
    You'll have to get some newer CD-RW's displaying the "High Speed" icon so burn at top speed.
    No way around it I'm afraid.
    I wasn't aware of this issue until I used some old 2x CD-RW's on my Yamaha drive and couldn't select over 2x write - Adaptec filled me in on the details.
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

maybe you need a newer version of cdrwin that knows your writer..

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Paulr! You're right! I've been using 2 CD-RWs (a traxdata and philips ~ 2 years old!) for ages now and onlyhave got 2X. I just tried the one that came with my writer, and hey presto - 4X!

Thanks!!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
        X