Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back amongst the rebels but seems to have caught some darkside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back amongst the rebels but seems to have caught some darkside!

Yes!
    I Swapped out my MSI 6337 to an MSI K7T Pro2-a!
    And A Duron 800 capable of 1GHz!!

What about the darkside?

This Particular MOBO (as in this piece of PCB not the model) placec the damn USB IRQ to the same as my VGA!
    Nothing i have done can change it.
    This did not happen to another board last week that had exactly the same amount of AGP & PCI cards.

Its stable anyway.

Might get another later!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

How strange. Maybe there's a BIOS switch or a BIOS revision with a switch that'll let you change VGA and USB's IRQ assignment.

I'm not surprized that it's stable. MSI has the "Athlon-thing" down and has for quite some time. I hear the board is as close to bullet proof as you're going to get.

If you can trade the board in for a MSI K7T Turbo, you'll probably get a pleasant surprize. Aside from true support for the 133 MHz front side bus, which will give you a better upgrade path, the newer chipset is more mature and flat-out faster.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Well, it's just anoying nothing else since the MSI K7T Pro2 (the one without ATA100) doesent have that behauvior!

And i do know that MSI make great Mainboards.

Under the latest half year we (the shop were i work) has sold about 2-4 Duron Computer per week!
      All without two has contained MSI boards!

The other two was from Aopen, and they vere so wide that i almost had to squeeze them in to our chasis that we used at that time.
      And yet they claimed that they was "MICRO"ATX! (more like "MACRO")

The Absolute best is the diagnostic lights!!

BTW:
      Has anyone tested the "Overwolt bios" for overklockers?
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">And i do know that MSI make great Mainboards.</font>
        This wasn't always the case. It wasn't until MSI started to make Athlon MB's that they started to do it right and even then, not all have been trouble free or without that odd quirk or two.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I think more people should visit sites like overclockers.com to get unbiased repoerts
          They buy the boards they review so they bitch when they do not work as planned
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I said that the IRQ sharing was anoying, nothing else!
            I have built Computers around MSI boards since MSI 6163 time and then almost every model upvard (exept I810,I820 &I840 ) and none of them has had any stability problems. (and belive me that the customers would scream blody murder if they did act funny!)
            Every manufactor has monday production examples.

----------------------------------------------
            And I got an K7t Turbo that was hand picked from the rejects bin!!

It dident recognise my memory corectly and then sudenly relized that it didn't deserve to live and komited sepuku!

BUT;

I don't think MSI is a bad mainboard manufacturer, i just think that this board was bad!

Comment

Hey, hey, hey, I love MSI as much as anybody, having built several rock stable machines using them (esp MS-6167). I wasn't targeting anyone in particular, except review sites that are more like PR sites
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

DentyCracker!

No offence taken, I was targeting Greebe .)

I will have to wait a bit (sudenly it strikes me : "Abit" maniboards "a bit" hard to find in sweden , no one of our supplyers had any) for raid and 133 MHZ bus .
                This is the second time ever for me to get a faulty board (not counting 3 crazy Asus I810 boards )!

Comment

I would have gotten the K7T turbo if it wasn't so late to market. However, MSI has met it's diagnostics match, the POST LED display on my board is a tad handier than D-LED.

------------------
                  Epox 8KTA3 w/ Duron 850@7.5*133 with Alpha 6035, 256MB Crucial 7E, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-final), and Win98 (when I have to).
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The dead K7t Turbo has risen from the dead!
                    The damn manual showed wrong position for the CMOS clear jumper!

Everything works!

Now im only waiting for the Taisol HS!

Comment

Technoid.

I know your board works now but check out the site www.datorbutiken.com they have almost everything a computerfreak loves. And they are cheap to.

[This message has been edited by Novdid (edited 20 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 28 March 2001).]

Comment

Take away the comma in the end of the link.

[This message has been edited by Novdid (edited 21 March 2001).]

Comment

Degraded to a Duron 700 that i run at 7*133=933!!

Even better as it runs on "default" voltage.

The MSI K7t Turbo overvolts everything with about 0.1 volts.

Comment

Technoid, I should have mentioned Athlon MB's specifically and was simply correcting you mentioning... "And i do know that MSI make great Mainboards."

BTW what do you mean by "overvolts"? How are you reading this?
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

If I put the vcor to 1.75 on the K7T Pro 2-A both the bois and MBM 5 states aprox 1.73 and the temp mesured with a digitaldoc probe betwen the cpu and the HS (not betwen the core and HS!)45 at idle.
                              But on the K7T Turbo the same vcore setting MBM 5 states 1.87 and the probe indicates over 50 degreas C.

With my Duron 800 i had to raise vcore to 1.80 in bios to boot succesfully on an K7T Pro2-a @1000Mhz.
                              On the K7t Turbo it works at 1.70 set in bios.

And now Im running a Duron 700 at default settings in bios @7*133=933!

I could probably have run the D800 @1064 if I had been able to use the golden bridge trick(when i attempts to fiddle with that it wont even boot).

But as the K7T Turbo is a jumper/jumperless hybrid it doesent.

This board is a tricky B*****d and i have to clear CMOS if i Change cpu or add memmory for it to notice.

Other than that i have no komplaints and it could be that it realy is from the rejects bin :}

And Greebe:
                              My first answer was to paulcs and you can't peck on me because I think that MSI makes Great Mainbords, Lot's of people likes to brag about how great ASUS, Abit or Gigabyte, etc etc board's are .
                              Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
                              I dont want to argue with you, I might have been lucky and never erlier gotten across a bad MSI board.
                              If you don't think msi is or was good then It's your opinion and should hold as much value as my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X