Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new homemade Geforce 1 Fan! (About 100k of pictures!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new homemade Geforce 1 Fan! (About 100k of pictures!)

The fan in my "Blue Orb" heatsink that I have on my Geforce 1 DDR had started to sound like a helicopter so I decided to make a new one!

I "found" a Pentium III heatsink at my work and modified it slightly...

The benefit besides having a replaceable fan is about 5 degrees Celsius lower temp.

Edit: Trying to get those #ยค%& links to work!

[This message has been edited by Technoid (edited 22 March 2001).]

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

What, are you taking up three slots with that board?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

No way to hide the important stuff for xortam!
      Those PCI slots vere empty anyway !
      And i have definitly no intentions to fill them because of quirqy IRQ asignments.

I did it for fun, and it was fun!

And it works great!

More than 2 hours and the temp probe wich sits on the backside of the core of the GF1 has not been able to claw it's way up beoynd 39 degrees celsius!(cant be seen on the picks )

Some of this forums people has added 80x80 fans to their G400 HS, that must also disable a couple of PCI slots.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Technoid:
        No way to hide the important stuff for xortam! </font>
        Ah shucks.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Does anyone else have any pic's of their COOL projects?

or should I say:

What do YOU cool your GFX card or CPU with?

Comment

Someone go link him the images of that helicopter Maggi did a while ago.
            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

The bigger one is what I use on my cpu, the smaller is the Tennmax P3STF
              jim

------------------
              P3-700e with an MC-1000 @ aGiGa! Check it here!
              Abit BE6-2
              TwinMos 256mb pc-133
              a Matrox video card......(wouldn't you like to know )
              Maxtor 40gb 7,200 ATA100
              SB Live!
              Toshiba 12x DVD
              Iomega cd burner
              Winblows 98se & DX8
              Roadrunner cable
              and 19"'s of crispy 32bit color!
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The smaller one looks like the one i sawed up.

I have seen the pic's of maggi's impressive setup (must be a drag to have to call the air controller everytime you want to start the computer)

Comment

to get the temp even lower you should also attach a cooler on the back of the card.
                  .. Backside of the core ..
                  Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                  incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

My computer box has two holes in the side where i have 90*90 fans controlled by an digitaldoc2.

When ever my cpu temp goes to high the fan mounted in the side over the cpu will coool the cpu AND the backside of the GFX core.

The backside of thre GFMX cards i have checked i perfectly smoth, making i posible to mount a sink at the backside to.

BUT My GF1DDR has a lot of surface resistors that makes even a copper spacer a hard thing to do!

basicly im not doing this mod to lower the temp but because of the noise of the blue orb that was driving me bananas.

This way I can replase the fan when it starts to go loudcrazy!

Comment

Working...
                    X