HP Vectra VL pII 233 error with SWITCH BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Vectra VL pII 233 error with SWITCH BOX

I just picked up two HP Vectra VL pII 233 machines to build a home network for school. They currently have no operating system on them.

Their part numbers are: D5719N & D5051N

I have a manual switch box that allows me to use the same keyboard, mouse, and monitor for up to 4 PC's.

On two other PC's I use this switch box on it works fine.

When I plug in a cable for the mouse and keyboard on either of the HP machines (The cables are plugged into the switch box) I get a keyboard/mouse not found type error.

(I happen to be using some conversion adapters to make the wires fit. Not sure if this would cause a problem. Doesn't cause a problem on the two other NON-HOP machines)

Is there something I should know about using these machines on a switch box like I have? Something with the HP Keyboard and Mouse that came with the PC's ?

The monitor works fine connected to the switch box on both HP machines, not the mouse/keyboard.

The HP keyboard/mouse work fine when I plug them in directly to the HP machines but not the switch box.

Is there a setting in the BIOS I need to change? Do I need to update the BIOS? How do I know what version of the BIOS I have?

I heard there might be a keyboard voltage issue perhaps? Not sure about this. Anyone who has had a similar problem with this and found a resolution please contact me!

HELP!!

The switch is known as a KVM (Keyboard/Video/Mouse) switch. The manual switches don't provide keyboard and mouse emulation so you'll need to boot up the switched system and then switch to your secondary system before it can boot up.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
    X