UK users so called free internet access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK users so called free internet access

With ADSL being too expensive I'm still trusting my old modem. I'm with BTinternet and my present subcription is coming to an end. What other companies offer free phone calls and seem to offer a reliable service?
    Aol is one but there software kidnaps your machine and if it really f"£$ up screws your dialup software altogether. I also don't like there interface either.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I use Freeserve's Surftime evenings and weekends package. It's so-so. Can be a real pain to connect to, terminates after 2 hours, but the speed is OK...and it's only £6 per month to BT. It's about the only surftime package I know that doesn't charge on top of the BT surftime fee.

Comment

Does anybody know of a UK 'free' provider that doesn't terminate after 2 hours?
      I play a lot of Ultima On-Line and termination after 2hrs even with an immediate re-dial can be very awkward!
      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Aol doesn't. Shame about the crap software.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Paul you could try UK2.net http://adial.co.uk/ they never used to have a limit but I haven't used them for a while so it may have changed. It's free as in no subscription not free calls, it's an 0845 number.

Comment

Working...
          X