Just two questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just two questions...

1: Is there a way i can get a list of the contents of a folder? i got some mp3 titles i wanna list, but i dont want to write them all down manually.

2: Is there a way i can get win me to sign on automatically? it always shows the network sign on window, but i dont have a password, is there a way i can make it sign on automatically? a not too complicated way?

any help is really appreciated, ill just thank everyone who answers now

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Topha:
    1: Is there a way i can get a list of the contents of a folder? i got some mp3 titles i wanna list, but i dont want to write them all down manually.</font>
    Open up a DOS window, go to the target directory, type "dir *.mp3>mp3.txt", and you've created a file in that directory (mp3.txt) that lists your files. Good ol' DOS.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
    2: Is there a way i can get win me to sign on automatically? it always shows the network sign on window, but i dont have a password, is there a way i can make it sign on automatically? a not too complicated way?
    </font>
    There's an option w/i the TweakUI utility for this.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

2. Right click My Network Places -> Properties. Choose Windows Logon as Primary Network Logon.

I don't think the TweakUI auto logon works with a blank password.
      P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
      Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Sisyfos:
        I don't think the TweakUI auto logon works with a blank password.</font>
        Works w/ Win98. I've never seen ME (doubt I want to). BTW, does ME include a DOS window (VM)?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Just thought I'd say, for a plain listing of the files you can add the '/B' switch to get a bare format.
          Code:
          DIR *.MP3 /B >LIST.TXT
          Which will give...
          Code:
          Ace Of Base - Beautiful Life.mp3
          Ace Of Base - Wheel Of Fortune.mp3
          Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing.mp3
          ...on mine, for example.

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by xortam:
            Works w/ Win98. I've never seen ME (doubt I want to). BTW, does ME include a DOS window (VM)?</font>
            Maybe I'm confusing it with WinNT/2K, where I'm quite certain you have to set a password for it to work.
            And yes, ME has a DOS window.
            Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

nope, me doesnt have dos
              there is a dos patch though, guess ill have to install it.
              didnt try to logon automatically yet, but there shouldnt be a problem, because even if it doesnt work, i can still just make a password
              i didnt give me an error message when i activated it without password, so i guess it worked.

i like win me, its more stable than 98 and 98se (and of course) 95. it is on my computer anyway. once you deactivate all those stupid new extras (auto backup and such) it runs rather fast as well.
              since my dad just orderd a new pc (with win2k and rt-2000 (yes!)) ill install win2k as well soon and ill finally able to compare win9x with win nt.
              thanks for the tips though, will me a lot of typing if i get dos to work

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Sisyfos:
                Maybe I'm confusing it with WinNT/2K, where I'm quite certain you have to set a password for it to work.
                And yes, ME has a DOS window.
                </font>
                it does?? where???

Comment

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> MS-DOS Prompt

...but are we talking about the same thing?

Comment

just go to start/run type command.

Rags

Comment

hey sys, your right. i thought it hadnt, maybe i already installed the dos patch, because i always thought me didnt have that. oops

Comment

just for your information, auto-logon works without a password and i created the lists. saved me a lot of typing and waiting (the internet gateway is downstairs, now i can just switch it on and start internet via remote desktop control, i dont have to wait for the system to startup)
                        thanks a lot

Comment

ME has DOS (VM).. you just can't boot into dos mode from the *(F8)* startup menu without the patch... (Or without using the ME Bootdisk)

CIAO

------------------
                          Hang Low and Limber
                          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Just in case you need it:
                            http://www.microsoft.com/NTWorkstati.../NTTweakUI.asp

Latest version is 1.33

Comment

Topha... for the first question:
                              If you are using winamp (and I assume you are) just load the files into your playlist and have Winamp generate a html playlist.

as easy as 1-2-3.
                              If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Working...
                              X