This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Product Preview

Recently, Intel announced key technical features of the wireless Intel® Web Tablet, an Internet device that shares the home PC’s Internet connection, processing power and printer to let consumers access the web from anywhere in the home. The tablet is based on the following technical features: Intel StrongARM* SA-1110 processor and Intel® StrataFlash™ memory; Wind River's WindStorm*, VxWorks real-time operating system, and Personal Jworks*; the Espial Escape* embedded browser and Espial Espresso* GUI component tool kit; and BeComm’s Strings* software for rich audio.

Please visit http://www.intel.com/home/webtablet to find out more about the technology used in the tablet. If you have any questions please post them and I will be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks
    Kendra

sounds interesting, but you can do the same with a notebook and a wireless LAN (although i admit its not as cool )

Comment

You may be able to do that with a notebook but the tablet will do it at a fraction of the cost and weight and looks like it will sport a touchpad.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Kendra, what's your affiliation with Intel???

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

The tablet looks like an evolution from the recent universal remotes such as the Philips Pronto.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

i know xortam, otherwise it wouldnt be interesting

serious, seems to be a nice idea, wonder if it will work with amd pc's and how long the accu is gonna last.

Comment

If they would put an IR emitter on it, you'd be set. You could still use this to drive the ProntoEdit SW and it will control the Pronto. Hmmm, possibilities.

Comment

Kendra, apparently you didn't understand the email or wait for my reply. Please contact me.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X