Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make you Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400's even beter!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make you Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400's even beter!!!

All you need to do is grab the new Control Pod Preamplifier, install it and enjoy! I think it is the same control pod that comes on the ProMedia 2.1's. But whatever it is, it's INCREDIBLE!!!

The sound comes out noticably clearer and they did something special to the preamp, because they are even louder now. The pod also comes with a headphone jack for night time playing, an MP3 player input and FINALLY you get an OFF button It really sucked turning on the computer when the volume was set too high

Anyone who has a set of Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400's and $50 to spare, get it. Right now!

Jammrock

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 14 March 2001).]
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

That something special is called more gain... this isn't anything more than a ultra low noise preamp (op amp) vs the rather noisy higher level preamp built into the speakers... and maybe just a tad of equalization added
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Jammrock be JAMMIN!!!
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Greebe,

The normal Klipsch's have a seperate preamp, this one is a replacement for it. It is very, very nice. The sound seperation is much improved, whether they do it through some equalization I don't know. The signal is clearer and there is less loss in the new preamp so a stronger signal reaches the subwoofer were the amp is.

The OFF button is so nice. I never realized how muched I missed one until it was gone.

Jammrock

Comment

mmMMmm, upgraded preamp pod...

Jammrock, thank you for the alert. I'm quite excited about this, especially since my volume knob has developed a short. It crackles when I adjust the volume. It's probably still covered under warrenty (assuming, although I don't remember, they have a 1 year warrenty). But that doesn't matter now. I'd much rather have the new pod. *whee*

Time to go order one.

Comment

Very Nice! One question though, how does it mount? Does it go on the bottom of oneof the speakers? Can you put it anywhere you want?

Thanks,

Dave

------------------
            What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I should mentione the reason I'm asking is that my speakers sit behind a screen where all fo the controls are inaccessible. I bought a Keyboard with volume control and use that for turning the volume up and down. I like the headphone adapter but it wouldn't do me any good behind a screen.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Dave, can you say "I luv velcro"?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The new pod replaces the old one. You unscrew the speaker stand, slide back the pod (the pod is mounted by a simple trapazoidal wedge thing). Slide on the new pod, plug the cables back in and you're good to go.

Helevitia,

I guess you could... There are no required connections between the pod and the speaker. So if you didn't want to connect the pod to the speakers you could put it where ever you want. BTW, long time no speak. How you been?

Jammrock

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 15 March 2001).]

Comment

OK that's it, I am going to order mine NOW and to think I was the one who told you about it, drat
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty,

I thought you had already ordered one!

I guess that's what you get for slacking.

Jammrock

Comment

Working...
                      X