lindberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lindberg

You can improve the cooling efficiency if you add a gap of at least 5cm between your fan and radiator (sorry ment to tell you about that for a while now)

It will also lower the noise it produces.

BTW which direction is the fan moving the air?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Maybe you have a point there. As I have it now the fan takes air inside the case and blows it out, I have it this way since the temperature in the case is about 2-3 degrees celcius over ambient. So, I don't want to heat up the case by blowing in the heat from the radiator..

The problem (I think) is that the radiator is too tight, the fan is really efficient but can still hardy blow air through the radiator, I can only feel a small breeze at the backside.

I've ordered a single line radiator now and that one isn't as tight and thick as the one I'm using now. When I get more air to move through the radiator it'll hopefully lower the processor temp a little bit more..

Or maybe it won't...I'll just have to swap back then, but I've seen test where single line radiators have show better results of cooling (small things like processors) than dual line radiators.

My computer isn't that noisy even as it is now, but that is for sure that it is the radiator fan who has the most noice
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Working...
    X