USB Printer problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Printer problems..

Recently I bought a Brother HL1250 Laser printer with a USB interface. Now I have a problem setting it up properly. At first when I install the USB driver it work fine, but after a reboot the problem starts. When I try to print the spool program performs an illegal operation and the printer wakes up but won't print. I reboot and when windows starts it tells me that I have one job in queue, I press OK to print and the printer prints the document! After that printing is normal, I can print whenever I want to.
    If I don't have a printer job in queue the spool program will crash when I try to print and after a reboot it is the same thing with the queue, accept and print...

It seems like it is the only way to get the printer to print is to have a job in queue when windows starts and pause the job. This way I can also print normally.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of a problem and knows the answer? Feel free to help me out here, thanx

------------------
    My system:
    • Athlon 700@875 (8.5*103,memory @137)
    • Water Cooled Processor
    • 256 Mb Ram (133MHz)
    • Asus K7V mb
    • Matrox G400 (oc @ 150/200)
    • Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller
    • 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller and a Seagate 6.5GB (removable) hdd
    • Aureal SQ1500 soundcard
    • Logitech Force Feedback wheel (Well spent money)
    • 300W atx high tower case
    • Dual Majesty Exhaust fans (sweet silence... ),1*92mm exthaust + 1*120 in the front..
    • 100 Mb External ZipDrive
    • 10/100Mb Realtek Ethernet network card

My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use ,Pics on the homepage...
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Hi Lindberg.

Try to see in that "Illigal operation" message, which file causes the error. It'll say something like: "File xxx.xxx caused an error in mudule so-and-so..."I bet you, that it's an driver confict error.

Also, are you running the newest driver, or the one that came with the printer?

Cheers!

------------------
    ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 384MB RAM, Cheetah 9.1 GB, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB 64AWE, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.
    ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

Comment

Yep, I use the latest drivers.
      And it is the BRUSB file that crashes, and I get the nice debug quota... This is the driver for the USB interface for the printer but as far as I know Win ME does not have an own USB printer driver since it actually asked for a driver
      Win ME usually just installs its own drivers without giving the user a chance to select the manufacturers more proper driver.

My system:
      | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
      homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Working...
      X