Back after a long absence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back after a long absence

Hey all... Its been a while since I was last a member of MURC... Back in the day when I had a good old G200 Mystique w/TV out and the memory expansion module.

Nowadays I find myself with a Geforce 2 GTS but still missing that good old Matrox.

I have come back to the board due to some pretty odd circumstances

I have a fairly top end system but recently it has been taken over by my wife for her new crusade to create a family/wedding web page.

A few days ago I ended up doing some photo editing training for a lady who just started some geneology work. She had just bought a new computer and for my friendly assistance they gave me their old speed machine.

On getting it home and cracking it open I discovered that among the following :

Compaq Deskpro 590 XL

Intel Pentium 90
    32MB EDO Ram
    Intergrated SCSI-2 Controller
    1 GB SCSI-2 Fujitsu Hard Drive
    2X SCSI-2 CD-Rom
    Onboard 10Mbit Network Card
    Onboard Sound
    14" Samsung SyncMaster 14G Moniter

There was a Compaq QVision2000 (Matrox Ultima/Impression) 2MB Video card inside.

Needless to say I now have a machine to surf the web and play some older games on.. to fill in my need for digital media and now I have an excuse to come back here and post again...

(I wonder how many of the old gang are here..?? Maggi, Jordan, ALBPM, GBM... Problem is I can't remember what the heck my handle was back then... Darmok maybe.. or Mordeth... or maybe even cbuckton or cbman?)

Oh well.. anyone know how to tweak this baby *Grin*

Oh and if anyone knows of a newer driver revision than the 95 version let me know.. LOL
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Hey cbman!!! Mordeth or cbuckton sound familiar....

WOW!! You got your hands on a collectors item

Welcome Back!!!!

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

That is a collectors item. I'd love one.

Welcome back.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I'm from the 'old-skool' too, but no-one ever remembers me...

Anyways, Welcome back!

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

That's not true Steve, I remember you!

Oh wait, that was someone else
          jim
          System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Speaking of 'old-skool' and collectors items; try this on for size

home19.inet.tele.dk/vorlons/mg108/

The manual keeps referring to 286... WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT
            Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

Ok... lets see if I can jog some memories...

Hmm.. I used to live in Sault Ste Marie in Ontario Canada... My ICQ handle is TheCaptain... I was heavy into trying to reprogram the G200 via PINS... and I also discovered how to unlock the multiplier on a Pentium II 350 made prior to september 98... I conducted an extreme overclocking test outside in the dead of a -25 Degrees Celcius winter day....

Oh and I talked alot with Jord.. and ALBPM..

Oh and sorry I left your name off the list Steve... You were one of the "...'s" because that represents the part of my brain that contains a black hole and affects recollection of names places and dates... *grin*

Oh I found out with the use of powerstrip that the default clock and memory of this card is ~14 or 15Mhz.. I can't use powerstrip to OC it because the lowest pstrip goes is 86Mhz and I don't think the card could handle it... (without some extreame cooling that is *wink*)

Is Haig still around.. maybe he can get me some inside info on this card... seeing as I doubt that is is covered by NDA's and such..

LOL

Let the fun begin.

Comment

aka Damoury, aka admiral....LOL

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

V

Comment

Comment

Comment

Charles is back!!!!!

How's the Coast Guard and school?????

Are you living somewhere warmer now????

Or are you still overclocking in an igloo...LOL

Paul

Comment

I remember the outside overclocking thing, although I was a lurker back in those days.

Welcome back.

Ali

Comment

Yep... Damoury.. that was it.. thanks Paul... and I still live in Canada.. closer to Toronto now though and I am not in the Coast Guard and I am out of school.. but don't have a good job...

Things definately have changed around here that's for sure... Nice to know that there are people that I still know here...

So how are things Paul... Down in New Mexico I think it was... (HI Ali.. I think I remember a post or two from ya.. not too sure) and I almost forgot.. (box)*Nice Collection.. I am envious.. although I have some original IBM Mini Servers at my parents house in the Garage (Picked up a skid of stuff for 10 bucks at an auction..LOL) Couldn't tell you half the crap that was in them... but the 5 inch fans from the back are now in my good computer... LOL you can't sit infront of it because the air coming out the front dries your eyes... at least until I finish my ductwork.. *Grin*

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 14 March 2001).]

Comment

Hey Damoury, things are going good down here in NM.

I got a new job working for the "Dark Side"
                              Intel that is...LOL

FAB 11 Yield/Integration

Comment

Working...
                              X