What's a decent socket 370 mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a decent socket 370 mobo?

I've just about had it with all the crap I have to do to make my CUBX to overclock my Celeron 533A reliably, and want a new board. Anyone got any suggestions?

I was also thinking about getting a P3-850 or so, but I would rather get a decent mobo first, then upgrade the CPU.

Right now I have to disable ACPI with Win98 just to run it at a 100 FSB, and the board can't handle core voltages over 1.6v with Celerons. It also won't reboot properly sometimes, I'll have to hit the reset button several times to get it to kick in.

I can run burnmmx and all the other burn-in and benchmarking programs indefinitely so it appears the CPU can handle it, it's just the board that's crazy.

Hmm... after looking around I think that it might be best just to get a P3 and do the Photoshop/heavyload crash fix rework.

Comment

Yet another question... should I go for a 850 with cc0 or cb0 stepping for use in a CUBX?

Comment

Don't go with the 850 at all.... at least, if you want to overclock...

Go with either a 600 - 800Mhz CPU, but nothing faster, because the chance that you will reach 8.5 x133 = 1133Mhz, is very small.. 700 or 750 would probably be your best bet.

Comment

Working...
        X