Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNC Cables...

Hello all,

For anybody that hooks up their monitor with BNC cables, what brand do you recommend and where can I buy it (in Canada)? So far all I can find is the APC and Belkin types, with the Belkin a little more expensive.

Would it be better to go with the more expensive one? They are the same length (6 feet), I don't think I need a 10 foot cable.

I have the Belkin cable. They seem to be the most popular due to better insulation and shielding. You will see a difference at resolutions of 1024 X 786 and higher. It is worth the money if you have a good monitor.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

If you have an Iiyama monitor they tend to send them out to you for free.
      I e-mailed their tech department just asking what make of BNC cable they recommend for purchase or if they could sell me one direct.
      Next day I recieved one FOC in the mail
      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Heh, I did a similar thing, only the D-SUB cable supplied with my Iiyama monitor was faulty. When I called up to get a replacement, they said not to worry about the D-SUB and that they would send out a BNC cable.

Saved me £50 or so!
        Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

Really?

I don't have an Iiyama (I have a Sony), but if I emailed them do you have to supply any monitor serial num or something?

I'm a cheap bum...

Comment

Even better for me I bought an so called called Iiyama BNC cable from Dabs direct. It wasn't an iiyama product and was labelled incorrectly and didn't work.
            I phoned iiyama up querying it and they sent me one in the post. I sent the other back to dabs and got a refund. Unfortunaley the replacement monitor wasn't any good however the cable shows it's faults up nicely.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

TP, I think they must have sent you a MAC bnc cable by mistake.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thats what I thought. Still got one for nothing though.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

OK, I'm confused. I sent an e-mail to Iiyama asking if such a cable will give me better image quality on high resolutions. I also asked where I could buy one.
                  The answer was: "it doesn't make any difference"
                  And that's it....!?!?!

Strange.
                  KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

You got a bad support person :-(
                    I can't remember for the life of me who I spoke to here at the UK support office, think her name was Jane but I wont swear on that.
                    All I did was e-mail support@iiyama.co.uk
                    Basically said:
                    I'm running my VM Pro 410 at a high resolution.
                    I'm trying to source a BNC cable to give me the best image quality possible.
                    Please can you tell me which make of cable you recommend or can you sell me one directly?

Reply within 24hrs was along the lines of:
                    Please e-mail me your monitor serial number and full shipping details, I'll get one out to you free of charge in the mail today.
                    24hrs later, free cable posted through my door.
                    Give it another go - Iiyama seem to love to help their customers out.

Comment

Mmmmmmm.... OK, I'll give it another shot

But the office for Benelux is located in the Netherlands and everybody knows Dutchmen aren't fond of giving something away for free
                      KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

Contacted Iiyama too. I´m curious what the reply will be.

MK

------------------
                        Celeron II 860 MHz + Golden Orb
                        256 MB PC133 Crucial (2-2-2)
                        G400 16MB @ PD 5.52 + TGL
                        20 GB IBM on HPT U-ATA100 RAID
                        Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                        <font size="1">
                        Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                        ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                        Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                        2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                        256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                        Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                        ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                        Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                        Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                        HP Deskjet 959C
                        Plantronics LS1 Headset
                        all on W2k Professional SP2
                        </font>

Comment

What's a BNC cable? Does it replace the chord that goes from the monitor to the video card? And can I hook one up? How much do they usually cost?

------------------
                          AsusP3B-F,P3 880 Slot1, 256mgsPC133,G40032megSH, Diamond MX300,13.5gigs of HD's,52X CDrom,WinME, PD 5.41 w/ 6.10ICD,Altec Lansing ATP3Subwoofer,
                          Envision 17",Terrayon Cable modem w/D-Link nic,1 grey cat,1 black cat & 1 calico
                          AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Iiyama Tech Support seems to be different here in Germany. The reply was :

"I don`t see a difference between a D-Sub-cable and a BNC-cable even at high res / refresh.

The BNC-port is mainly there for connecting a second monitor. [LOL]

But if you want to purchase one we can send you one for $35 plus packing plus shipping."

Thank you very much Iiyama Germany !!!

MK

------------------
                            Celeron II 860 MHz + Golden Orb
                            G400 16MB @ PD 5.52 + TGL
                            20 GB IBM on HPT U-ATA100 RAID

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 12 March 2001).]
                            <font size="1">
                            Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                            ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                            Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                            2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                            Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                            ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                            Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                            Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                            HP Deskjet 959C
                            Plantronics LS1 Headset
                            all on W2k Professional SP2
                            </font>

Comment

Oh well, was worth a try.
                              The UK Iiyama support people do seem to know what the BNC cable does, even if the German ones don't.
                              Show your disgust by not buying one from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X