Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Jeebus! Unreal!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/#982608161
    I knew nvidia was going to raise their prices a bit since their is little competition but this is just friggen excessive. How many of you would pay _$700.00_ for a single freaking video card. I for one wouldn't want to pay over 400-500 (canadien) for a card.
    Heres hopeing that this isn't true or that matrox comes out with the G800 ASAP, i really really need to upgrade and i don't want to support nvidia.

No competition? Hehehehe...that will change shortly :P

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You too Jammrock ?
      Damn all you who know more than the rest of us!
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

What makes you think I know more than you can't figure out yourself? I just read the forums and pay attention to the rumors. You should try it some time

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

If I were going to pay 700$ for a video card, it would be something from 3DLabs or a Diamond FireGL of some variant.

There is no way I would pay anywhere near that much for a consumer level card.

nVidia is going to have to revise it's dream of "An nVidia chip in every computer" if it intends to keep selling cards at this price.
          Primary System:
          MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
          120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
          Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
          Seccondary System:
          Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
          3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
          Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
          Tertiary system
          Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
          Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

You are not missing much, I've been paying attention on this forum for about 8 months now and still not a dicky bird from Matrox about any new offerings.

regards MD
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Well, Well!
              My G400 Max is starting to sound like a bargain again!
              chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

The problem is, prices of old stuff aren't really dropping. Geforce DDR's are actually going up somewhat.

And G400's cost almost the same as when I bought mine Fall '99!

Comment

Ba, if we payed attention to every rumor, we'd only be more disapointed. The last few were completely made up, and i know ant and greebe just enjoy taunting us

Comment

Ah but when I do it you can at least take comfort in the fact that I really don't know anything

Comment

Yup, IMHO $700 is way too expensive for just a video card. I'd be very disappointed if I paid that much for a video card, and found out that it was intolerably blurry at high res and the drivers took shortcuts to compromise video quality even further.

I guess it is just the laws of supply, demand, and who's marketing is the top dog.

Comment

We'll know for sure this coming monday,hercules already has a cute flash animation about it too.

While i like playing games at high resolution and color depth,my Gf2 64meg is handling everything a play just fine at and paying 500$+ for a card that has at most a six month shelf life before it gets replaced with something even faster is dumb to say the least.

note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                        P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Ooooooo, another bitch slap to the face from nvidia. Its gonna be released on the Mac first. Wonder what steeve jobs had to do to get the rights to do this!
                          arg......

Comment

I personally believe it was not Steve Jobs' idea to have it released on the Mac first.

Nvidia probably approached him...

They (nvidia) already have a fairly loyal base of PC buyers. This move was most likely done to gain the support of Mac enthusiasts. (Without fear of losing PC market share)

I do not remember the last time that anyone has released something "huge" on the Mac first... even ATI/3dfx products came out first/same time on the PC.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by isochar:
                              I personally believe it was not Steve Jobs' idea to have it released on the Mac first.

Nvidia probably approached him...
                              </font>
                              I agree. As I said in the other thread, the top three new G4s came with MX boards and users were having problems with them. Apple had to start offering Radeons as an option. I think NVIDIA is probably bending over backwards to support Apple and gain the OEM business from ATI.
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X