[HELP] Monitor refresh rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Monitor refresh rates

My monitor is an LG FLATRON 795FT Plus. My graphic card is a G400 Vanilla.

The monitor support 1024*768 120HZ.
    I've installed the right .inf file and choosed the right entry in the monitor list.

In the refresh list, the maximum that appears is 85HZ.

Any help?

------------------
    Italian Guy, Bad English

D'ya want an Italian version?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010284.html

Comment

Honestly speaking, Rags, can you tell me a good reason for having to manually edit my monitor settings with powerdesk, when I have an .inf file that contains all the exact information for the monitor?

Comment

Honestly speaking, the inf doesn't tell windows it can do higher refresh rates. Honestly speaking, they are always underrated, and rightfully so. Not everyone (or even most) wants the highest refresh rate, just 75-85 and call it good.

Rags

Comment

I think you find that every maufacture will set there monitor to run at the recommend vesa refresh rate which are 60hz 70Hz 75hz 85hz. By default they'll go the highest one the monitor can do at that resolution. These are also agreed industry standards I believe. Happy to be corrected on this.
          If you open the inf file up and read it you'll see that manufacture sets the refresh rate for 1024*768 at 85hz. Therefore the graphics card looks at this and says fine I can run at this rate and the monitor can so I'll set it that.
          Now how can you expect the graphics manufacture to know what every monitor can do. It can only follow the inf file.
          Also just becuase the manufacture says the monitor can run at this rate doesn't mean you're going to get anything readable at this refresh rate. If you can't work out why just wonder about the quality of the electronics inside.
          So when adjusting go up slowly.
          Also Rags was trying to be helpful. Being a smartass back isn't a good idea when poeple are trying help you.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

First of all, excuse for having lost a smiley in the keyboard ^__^;;;
            I didn't want to be a "smartass back" (???), only...well, I'm used to those tones when I have technical discussion with my collagues. Sorry again.

After this, my inf file list only the horizontal refresh (50-96KHz) and vertical refresh (60-120Hz) so I suppose there is too few parameters for Windows to understand which refresh can be done (it miss the most important).

However, is there a program that automagically generate an .inf file starting from the base .inf and the bandwith info?

------------------
            Italian Guy, Bad English

D'ya want an Italian version?

Comment

Since i got a GF2 GTS card i've been using this hem.spray.se/doxx program to set all my refreshrates and bitdepths.
              It works like a charm and it's free.
              Unlike the powerdesk it can set all resolutions and bitdepths at the same time and it automatically shows how high you can set the refresh rate according to the monitor inf file.
              Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
              incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

BTW
                The program is called HZTool
                Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it!

Comment

Working...
                  X