Win2k SP1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k SP1

I just found a directory in my winnt which is named "servicepackfiles". Do I need to keep that directory or I could just delete it without creating any problems.

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

leave it be, if you do a repair in the future because something bad happens, it saves you from having to reinstall the servicepack.

Rags

Comment

Yep, Rags is right unless you like reinstalling Service Packs LEAVE IT THERE!
      C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Of course you could burn it to a CD and keep it there for later use. If I'm not mistaken that shouldn't cause any problems if a need to reinstall did arise.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I doubt that I'll ever reinstall but i'll leave it there anyway... just in case something bad happend. I'll just have to find a way to keep all my datas while i swap my programs from win98 to win2k.

Just an other little question here. Is it possible that win2k is a lot better for handling file transfer? On my win98 i'm barely able to get 30k/s on a really good server and in game my ping is about 150. Since I've installed win2k i didn't had transfer slower than 90k/s on the same server. Just a coincidence or it was a problem with my 98?

Spazm

Thanks.
          P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

No, you aren't hallucinating. Win2k is just better than Win98. (wink)

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Updated TCP/IP in NT5/ME. Probly why.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Definitely the improved TCP/IP in Win2K. I always had inconsistent uploads under Win98, but now they are same speed as my download, where they should be (SDSL).

Comment

Working...
                X