KT133A + SBLive! + Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT133A + SBLive! + Win2k

Hi, I've got a flatmate who just bought a new pc. It's a Thunderbird 850 on a Abit KT7A, running Win2k. However, when I try to load the LiveWare!3 drivers for Win2k, his pc freezes immediately (when the installer is loading). The SBLive! isn't sharing an IRQ with any device (and is on IRQ 10) and Win2k doesn't run in ACPI mode. VIA-for-in-1 4.25a is installed.

I've tried some things mentioned on the web like enabling a memory hole in the BIOS, but to no avail. And I got the impression that was meant for SBLive! which locks up in operation, as opposed to the flatmate's pc, which freezes during the install process of the lw3drv.exe file.

Does anyone have a recommendation how to fix this, or that could be wrong?

Update: DirectX 8 is also installed

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 20 February 2001).]

Why not try ACPI mode
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

hehe, good question:

when I installed Win2k in ACPI mode, his computer had random crashes all the time (even during Win2k setup!). Because I was not sure what was causing them, I both changed the PCI slot his network card was in (it was sharing an IRQ with the VIA USB controller at that time, but I don't really see any harm in doing that) to a slot which shared nothing, as I reinstalled Win2k without ACPI suppport. Now his PC didn't crash at all any more (only when I try to install the LiveWare3 drivers for Win2k: the default Win2k drivers work fine for the SBLive!).

But this issue is now not really of any importance any more for that flatmate, as he swapped his soundcard for a Terratec DMX Xfire 1024, which is working just fine

Comment

Working...
      X