Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this is what they've been keeping under wraps (>250KB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is what they've been keeping under wraps (>250KB)

So then, MSN Explorer style sign-in, and Sesame Street style logo. Is the general interface in the same category?

What do you's think? I personally preferred the 'Whistler' look.

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Oh, krite! I can hear it now "Ah, yes sir I would like my PC in Bubbly Blueberry Blue please, like that there imac, ahh yes that's the one".

Rags

Comment

Yes please - and can I have the red and yellow keyboard?
      Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Oh no, I've changed my mind - can I have it in raspberry ripple

"Um, I bought a new computer today and it doesn't work"
        "What happens?"
        "Nothing"
        "What do you mean - nothing?"
        "Well I took it out the easy-open box, and it's just kinda...sitting there"
        "Do you've plugged it in and switched it on?"
        "Eh?"

Can things only get worse? Maybe this is only the Home Edition skin, just maybe...

Paul.
        Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Don't sweat it, guys. It's skinnable, and even has the option of going back to the win2k style interface (thank god ), which I really like.

Rags

Comment

Guys? It's just me Matt...

Maybe those screens are screwing with your fragile little mind!

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.

Comment

No, it's guys. I am sure we aren't the only ones who think this thing is FUGLY.

Rags

Comment

Please excuse me while I go to the bathroom to retch... ah, much better. If I were forced to look at a GUI like that I'd end up setting my Amiga emulator to run at bootup.

Comment

but it's pretty!

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Should have called it Windows FP for Fisher Price 'My First Desktop'

[This message has been edited by Taz (edited 13 February 2001).]
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
                      Don't sweat it, guys. It's skinnable, and even has the option of going back to the win2k style interface (thank god ), which I really like.</font>

Thank God! As soon as the pictures finished downloading, I immediately started looking for the "My Windows 2000 Interface" button.

Paul
                      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Now that I think of it, the interface does have some potential. Could some Photoshop guru change "Turn off Kitchen computer" to "Bite Me" or "Turn off Billy Bob's Iron Lung."

Paul
                        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Ok, I see it's guys

Although, I do think it's 'nice' - just not what I want on my desktop. Though I liked some of the features I saw in B1, I just hope that the slightly updated Win2k skin is still there!

Paul.
                          Meet Jasmine.

Comment

As long as I can set the colours and style back to the Win2K defaults I'll be happy. I even set Linux to those defaults (except with a transparent icon text background
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DentyCracker:
                              As long as I can set the colours and style back to the Win2K defaults I'll be happy. I even set Linux to those defaults (except with a transparent icon text background</font>
                              You can have that for Windows with this little utility: http://www.pobox.com/~jayguerette/transparent
                              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
                              X