Slot 1 AT Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot 1 AT Motherboards

Yup, the ZX does 100 MHz, in fact, its exactly the same as the BX with a few non performance related features removed (max no. of PCI slots=3, no support for ECC RAM). Hence its performance is the same as a BX mobo.
    Kruzin: I think what you are referring to is the ZX-66 chipset, which is designed especially for Celerons, and its again just a scaled down version of the ZX!
    Cheers
    Ovi

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 16 February 2001).]

Comment

Then what's the difference between EX and ZX-66?

Update: ah, found the specs on the intel website... the ZX-66 seems to be even more limited than the EX in many ways... the only thing I found in it's advantage is a max. of 4 PCI slots versus 3 for the EX.

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 16 February 2001).]

Comment

Slot 1 AT Motherboards

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a good quality AT Slot 1 motherboard as I have just inherited a Celeron 333.

If this is in the wrong forum please let me know.

Thanks in advance to all.

dsp

------------------
        AMD Duron 650@900MHz
        128MB Generic PC-133 RAM @ 133 CAS 2
        ABIT KT7-RAID
        13.6GB Maxtor 7200RPM Hard Drive
        8.4GB Quantum CR
        20 GB Quantum LM
        Toshiba SD-M1212 6X DVD ROM
        ACER 2X/2X/6X CD-RW
        SB Live X-Gamer 5.1
        Matrox G400 32MB Dualhead Vanilla @ 150/200/150
        Zoltrix TV-MAX Capture Card (BT848)
        17" Hansol 710P
        PD 6.26
        Win 98SE
        10/100 Ethernet card (D-Link)
        Cable @Home
        Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
        1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
        512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
        MSI 845PE FISR
        8.4GB Quantum CR
        40GB Maxtor 5400
        MSI 40X12X48
        Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
        SB Audigy
        Parhelia (210/600)
        19" Dell P991
        Win2kPro
        Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

I think Asus is still making the P2B-B, a baby AT board, which is part of their well liked P2B series.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/Moth...b-b/index.html

Finding one might be tricky. Do you have a case that uses the AT form factor and won't take an ATX board?

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Paul's right.
            Finding a Slot1 AT mobo will be tricky.
            Slot1 AT boards where not easy to get when slot1 first came out. They are even harder to find now that slot1 is "obsolete", as is the AT form factor. I'm having a hard time finding a decent slot1 BX based mobo locally for ATX for myself (I doubt I could get an AT locally)...

If you just accept that you need to get an ATX case in addition to a mobo, you will open up the mobo options 100 fold.

But if you really want something cheap, I've got a micro-atx case/mobo that's made for Celerons that I'd part with (only problem is that it's an intel ZX chipset, which only does 66mhz fsb, so overclocking is out. As I recall, it also only has the AGP, 2 pci, and maybe 1 ISA slot)
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'd be hunting for the Asus P3B-F. Highly stable and very fast. Put BIOS version 1006 in it and it's solid as a rock and, with the help of a good slotkey, able to handle a PIII socket 370.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm hunting for that exact mobo (for my ATX case) for a recently inherited slot1 700 that my P2B can't handle. I can't even find one of those in stock locally (although several places told me they can s/o it).
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I bought P3B-F for a $55 from local computer
                  store, they want to get rid of everything slot-1 hardware.
                  But i'm having some stability problems with
                  G450 and P3B-F, i earlier had AX6BC but that card doesn't have voltage tweaking from bios
                  so i upgraded to asus.
                  AX6BC was working perfectly 800@892
                  mem 2-2-2, now with P3B-F only stable memory setting is 3-3-3, but P3 boots and windows runs in 992 with Titan Majesty fan, i keep it at 920, i get better memory next week and i hope i get 992 stable...

i left this to the Matrox tech support board :
                  "An expection 0E has occured at 0028:C16EA09 in VxD AFVxD (01) + 00001649. This was calledf rom 0028:C001C0D4 in VxD NDIS(01) + 00004620. It may possible to continue normally." Of course nothing works after this, windows98 won't shut down, when restarting lock up at win screen -> reset ->
                  safe start -> reset -> normal start and it works hour or one day and crashes again.
                  I haven't noticed any connection to any program when crash occures, i mean it happens when ever. DH or SH.
                  I have reinstalled drivers, powerdesk and bios again, card uses IRQ11 alone with steering, first PCI-slot is empty, card is not overclocked, AGP is 1, AGP speed is 76.6MHz (2/3), BIOS settings should be OK.
                  System is
                  P3 800@920
                  Asus P3B-F bios 1.006
                  2 x 128Mb PC-133 Green (3-3-3)
                  G450 DDR 32Mb
                  souncard+ethernetcard+HD+CD+floppy

I used search and someone had VxD problem and that was because of bad DIMM but i don't
                  think that is a reason now. DIMM's are in slots 1&2, FSB is 115MHz.

I think it's G450 because i have had this system long time before G450 and haven't had
                  similar problem before.

If you can help go ahead make my day
                  clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

Hi again all,

I do know that finding the board will be tricky (have already started looking), but its for my brother who hates ATX soft power-off switches. I think that that we might get an ATX board/case, if we can convince him that he can turn the power off still at the flick of a switch. We still have to convince him it won't be too much hassle(which is hard to do as he also fixes computers).

Kurzin, is that a ASUS P299-B (the ZX)?

dsp
                    1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
                    512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
                    MSI 845PE FISR
                    8.4GB Quantum CR
                    40GB Maxtor 5400
                    MSI 40X12X48
                    Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
                    SB Audigy
                    Parhelia (210/600)
                    19" Dell P991
                    Win2kPro
                    Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

The Asus P2B-B mobo is a VERY nice mobo. But a tad small in the PCI slot count. So if you wanted more cards, you'd be out of luck.

You can also try and find the Gigabyte GA-6BA. It's out of production, but it's a gem if you find one. I got myself another one in front of me me now, waiting to get that 1GB (4x 256MB Crucial ECC Reg CL2 133 SDRAM) in

Good luck in your search and/ or convincing!

Oh, and is anyone able to tell me why I've jumped four days into the future? Shouldn't it be the 15th today?

[This message has been edited by J1NG (edited 19 February 2001).]

Comment

The ZX chipset does support 100Mhz FSB. WE had MSI mobos at work with the ZX based board, and they had P3 450s in them running at 4.5*100. No problem at all, except ZX doesnt support ECC ram (will run, but not use the error correction capabilities.

They now have ASUS P3V4X mobos, and work a little better (well, at least I can error check more).

If your main problem is you want a 'hard off' button like AT had, but cant get a mobo to suit, then I have heard of ATX to AT conversion cards. I think you just plugged an AT power connector into one end, then the card had an ATX output connection. Dont know what else they did. I saw one once, and thought it was interesting, but I never used it.

Good luck
                        Ali

Comment

Key point on the P3B-F is the 1006 BIOS update. This is the one to use and should be flashed at once.

Earlier builds showed some problems.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                          X