Links to Word docs. opening in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links to Word docs. opening in IE

When I click a link to a Word document in the browser, it opens the document in the browser-window.

How do I get it to open the damn thing in Word instead?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Rightclick on the document, wait for the menu to open, choose Open With.. then from the opening box choose Microsoft Word for Windows and press OK. If you check the Always use this program to open these files, it will then open all .doc formats in Word

Edit: Errm oops, I need to learn to read again. A Document in a browser link ...

Can't you rightclick the link, do a Save Link As... save the file to the desktop (or wherever) and open it up from there? (Much safer as well, in case your AV program doesn't check for macrovirusses on the fly)

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 14 February 2001).]
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Comment

Sure... I could do that, only problem is, i´m workin´ on an internal website at my work, so all documents are allready on the server, so I don´t want to save them, just open them
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

This may or may not work, but I found it just after I started reading this thread.

Go into the file type tab for your folder options. Scroll down to "Microsoft Word Document". Select it and click edit.
          Uncheck "Browse in same Window".

Microsoft keeps its file associations for IE in with the Windows associations most of the time.

Comment

Yep.... worked like a charm

Comment

Working...
            X