4th memory slot on P3B-F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th memory slot on P3B-F

Is anyone successfully using this? Out of curiousity, I tried, and I get all kinds of "out of memory" errors in WinME. I've tried the mem stick dance, and it doesn't matter which stick is there (it's all Crucial PC133 CAS2 7E), same problem. With all three slots occupied, all is fine. Wasn't there a problem with adding a 4th slot to BX boards, but Asus had worked around this?
    I know I don't need anymore mem for WinME, but just curious.

John

Are they all from the same batch or of the specific type of "7E"? There are several different flavors. Call Crucial support and verify it and or if they aren't, see if they'll hook you up with all the same (swap) and or if there should be any problems running what you have.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Had a P3B-F with 4 64MB sticks of Micron PC/100 ECC memory. Only problem I ever had with that board was if PhotoShop 5.0 and Front Page were open together. Jumping between the two programs alot would result in a crash of PhotoShop, but no BSOD.
      MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
      Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
      512MB regular Crucial PC2100
      Matrox P
      X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
      LianLiPC70

Comment

I had earlier 4 x 64Mb and no problems,
        now 2 x 128 still no problems
        clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

with P3B-F i mean, now first and second in use
          clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

Some early P3B-F's didn't like memory in the first slot, but I've never heard of a problem with the fourth.

In the main RT-2000 system I have two 128 mb sticks in slots two and three with no problems at all. The others have mixes of up to 4 64 meg sticks or single 256 megs sticks and are likewise stable. All are running BIOS version 1006.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X