Temperature of an Athlon 1,2ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature of an Athlon 1,2ghz

Could you tell me your cpu temperature in full load ? My athlon goes up to 55C when i run a game... it seems that 55C is the max.

If you are measuring using the built in mb sensor, that's quite warm. If you are running a socket A athlon varient, it should be in the 30-40 range when active. If it's not in that range, try better case cooling or cpu cooling. No idea about the older slot a versions.

Comment

I'm using a socket A Athlon, my tower case temperature is full load at 33/34C and the cpu is 55C... too hot ?

Comment

That´s too hot. I had a similar problem with my tb900: Even with a decent heatsink&fan (not overkill, but I´m not overclocking it) it reached 46-47 idle after 2 hours or so, going to lower 50´s when at full load.

Moving the case fan just next to the cpu did the trick and I lowered the temp by around 10º!! (high 30´s idle low 40´s full load)

So I won´t even imagine a 1.2Ghz - Time for a die shrink I guess...

Comment

Olivier you are not near the danger zone! If you crossed 60 degrees C I would begin getting worried, I have oc'ed my tbird 800 to 950 and my work temp is now around 55 and in rare cases 57 degrees. The system is totally stable, you would notice instability before frying your cpu, so my advice is to stop worrying!

Of course the cooler the better

btw according to AMD the critical temp lies somewhere between 80-90 degrees, though I would definately NOT like that temp reading!

[This message has been edited by Grego (edited 29 January 2001).]
          System:
          Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
          AMD Thunderbird 800
          SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
          Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
          LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
          IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
          Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
          WinME
          directx 8.0a
          384mb pc133

Comment

Just remember that you can add 10-20 degrees celcius to any number that your mb monitor spits out, the rating of the cpu itself is not for the temperature of the air under the socket.

Comment

I use a thermal sensor attached to the heatsink extremely close to the cpu-core, so Im not nervous
              System:
              Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
              AMD Thunderbird 800
              SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
              Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
              LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
              IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
              Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
              WinME
              directx 8.0a
              384mb pc133

Comment

This is scaring me. My P3 runs at 56 under full load, and I was under the impression AMD chips run a lot hotter than P3's. Now I'm scared. Anyone here have any P3's that run this hot?

Bart
                Bart

Comment

My 1ghz athlon runs under full load 40-49deg C @1.222ghz
                  1.221GHZ Baby!

Comment

Rock ... The hottest my PIII/450 has gotten is 46 degrees Celsius, and that was on a record hot day (somewhere over 100 degrees Farenheight). Its currently running at 39 Celsius and ambient temp is 23.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

MY Athlon 1Gig (Running at 113x10.5 = 1186Mhz, at 1.85V) runs at up to 44'C at 100% load. If I turn off my big fans at the lower front and upper rear of my case, it rises to over 55'C (I got scared at 57'C cos windows started giving me errors).

This is with a BIG heatsink (from a Taisol heatsink/fan) and a BIG fan (the delta one from the FOP38).

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Unfortunately the temp-readings in most mobos are majorly flawed so you can't compare numbers delivered by different boards - some people claim they can't even be compared between different boards of the same make.
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Ack!! Now I'm terrified. I'm running an Asus P3B-F using the latest version of Motherboard Monitor to read the temp. Kinda scary if 55 degrees is right considering DVD ripping puts my CPU under full load for 13 hours at a time. Methinks me needs some serious cooling.

Bart
                          Bart

Comment

Raise the thermistor under the processor a little so that it is pushed down by the chip as you insert it. Also but a blob of thermal compound on the little fella and watch those indicated temperatures fly!!

Vic
                            ...Formerly Vic but my password doesnt work ;-(

Comment

Shit man.. My m8 just bought a new computer which he wanted me to build.. The CPU was AMD Athlon 1.1GHz. Even though he bought the recommended Heatsink and Fan the CPU would be at about 55C - 60C Idle.. And about 66 Full Load.... It was totally ****ed! I could only get the CPU running properly if I underclocked it to 990MHz and drop the voltage by 0.2 volts... Even then it would be at low 50s on a full load...

I then tried some silicone heat paste instead of the thermal pad.. But that made little difference... Unfortunately, last night his CPU fryed! The burning smell was disgusting....

It baffles me as to why it was running so hot when I installed a everything properly.. I know what I was doing as I have built several computers before, none of which have had any problems....

Do you think there could have been some sort of error at the AMD fabrication lab and the CPU was marked wrongly as a 1.1GHz???

Do you think we will get a refund... I know I didn't do anything wrong, but it's whether my friend and the shop believes me. I still have to tell my friend whats happened..

Arghhh..

Comment

Working...
                              X