Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 + SVGATextMode

Hallo,
    I'm using debian linux 2.2 (kernel 2.2.17) and I'm trying to get an moderate SVGATextMode to work (something similar to 80x32 @ 70 Hz would be enought). Unfortunately I don't knowsome parameters to include im my TextConfig-file (the docs and the man pages just state to use the parameters from X, but my XF86Config-file dosn't have such parameters) Perhaps someone is able to tell me the values I have to use for "chipset", "clockchip", ""clocks" and the modelines to get it work.
    Thanks in advance.

oscar0

First: In the future you should post this under "Alternative Lifestyles".

I haven't had my g200 for a while, but here goes... The chipset is the mgag200, Autodetect the clockchip.
    There are modeline calculators out there on the internet, and/or get the information from your monitor's manual.

I think I can get somebody with a g200 to respond here...

------------------
    Epox 8KTA3 w/ Duron 850@7*133 with Alpha 6035, 256MB Crucial 7E, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-final), and Win98 (when I have to).
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I use the same kernel. I enabled 80x50 SVGA text mode by editing lilo.conf so it contains the line "vga=extended" (no quotes).

You will now boot into svga text mode.

------------------

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS
      PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

Working...
      X