X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom reviews the MX twinview and Matrox DH

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/...206/index.html

Well, sort of.

Its written by a Patrick Schmid, and he gets the DH features wrong (I think). He says the G450 doesnt support Virtual desktops, but from the description, it sounds like MuliDesk.

Also, cant the G450 output DVDMax to a second monitor?

Thought someone might be interested.

Ali

Multi-desk is not the same as a virtual desktop. In my mind a virtual desktop is what we had back in the days of Powerdesk4, where your display resolution is, for example, 1024x768, but your desktop is 1600x1200. Applications could run larger than your screen was actually displaying, and you could pan around the virtual desktop area.
    Microsoft required this feature be removed for WHQL certification, so I doubt we will see any certified TwinView drivers with this.
    Matrox's answer to having to remove virtual desktops (which many people complained about) was to offer multiple desktops that you could toggle between.

The only minor mistake a caught in reference to DualHead was this statement:
    "Matrox successfully integrated this second DAC into some of their products for years now. Today the second DAC is part of the G400 or G450 chips. "

Partially correct. G400 had the secondary RAMDAC on the external Maven chip. G450 now inegrates it into the main chip.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X